Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smallest boat with BBC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/363571-smallest-boat-bbc.html)

AllDodge 10-24-2019 05:31 PM

Smallest boat with BBC

MY boat 27PC with 500 hp 509 B3, is ok but its just heavy (10,000 lbs).

What we like about it
Takes waves nice, regular head (for the wife and kids), anchor windless, Full cover Bimini, walk thru windshield

What I would like to have
Twin BBC (because I like the sound), would like to cruise at least 40 mph (3400 to 3800 rpm), top speed at least 60 mph. Would like to be able to put 6 adults on and have it take off and go, not slowly get up and need more then 3/4 throttle to keep it there

My 1995 Rinker 232 (4200 lbs) has all the cruise and performance I'm looking for but has a single 454 and a port a pot, and has a climb thru windshield. The Rinker has pulled 10 skiers up at one time, so its great, just doesn't have the creator comforts and is not well made. Having more folks aboard is no problem with getting on plane.

Thoughts?

SB 10-24-2019 06:01 PM

What are you asking ? LOL.
Smallest twin BBC boat with those amenities ?

AllDodge 10-24-2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by SB (Post 4712183)
What are you asking ? LOL.
Smallest twin BBC boat with those amenities ?

Yes, didn't think that was a hard question for some. Don't pull tubes or other toys, just like to get going for a cruise with friends and I'm on a lake not the ocean

The 27 PC with twins outperforms the single motor, even though I have more HP. I like being able to drop the and raise the anchor, and all chain so no issue of holding. Other stuff, if its out of the though pattern then ok, just asking a question

AllDodge 10-24-2019 06:52 PM

A 310 ss sort of looks like what would work if it has room for BB

Wobble 10-24-2019 07:38 PM

A 27' Panchanga was available with twin BBC's I believe, very stable hull.

AllDodge 10-24-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 4712195)
A 27' Panchanga was available with twin BBC's I believe, very stable hull.

Did find the motors, and thanks, but not finding the amenities. Its a long cuddy but bare of much else

AllDodge 10-24-2019 08:28 PM

Wonder what it would take to put twin BB in my current boat. It has a 9.5 beam but that is at amidship rub rail?

tmmii 10-24-2019 08:37 PM

Food for thought, you may be able to find a 28-30 footer without power and put a couple 350 mpi’s in it an run faster than a bbc boat with 330 peanut port heads. Lighter weight and “the same” if not more power.

That would probably not be much more than re doing your current boat to accommodate twins. I would assume 2k to fill the transom, god only knows the cost of changing the stringers, etc.

Just a random idea, in the end it’s your boat and your money, so as long as you enjoy it who cares what the rest of us think.

AllDodge 10-25-2019 06:58 AM

Just a random idea, in the end it’s your boat and your money, so as long as you enjoy it who cares what the rest of us think.
Has always been my thoughts.
Basically been thinking of another boat and just wanted some other ideas. My guess is I'll just keep it because it does most of what I want. I rebuilt most of the boat so could redo the stringers. Boats maybe worth 20K at most, and all the rebuild and repower I've got 3 times that in it now

The hull does have a hook at each trim tab. When redoing the hull, thought about removing it but didn't know what would happen. I would like to remove the Gen, it only has about 60 hours on it

Quinlan 10-25-2019 07:32 AM

We had a 29 Outlaw for quite sometime and it had a way better cabin than the cig- access wise and openness.
BUT- the only thing down there on mine now is floaties and towels lol