Race World Offshore is on social media >

Race World Offshore is on social media

Notices

Race World Offshore is on social media

Old 11-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Maybe it would have been better to stage the event without calling it the World Championships when its a notch above amatuer club racing.
Wow, now were bashing the racers.... You people are unreal.... Were you in KW last week? What racers looked "amateur" (<----- proper spelling by the way) to you? Do you race? And now I'm getting sucked into this stupidity, The only thing amateur is your post.....
Old 11-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey out board guy I pulled the post because being the cheatinist racer in offshore history was off topic ..so I backed off.
but keep tellin those who express their feelings to just go away and wont be long they will .
OSS ?
Old 11-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Racefan
Wow, now were bashing the racers.... You people are unreal.... Were you in KW last week? What racers looked "amateur" (<----- proper spelling by the way) to you? Do you race? And now I'm getting sucked into this stupidity, The only thing amateur is your post.....
You're right, I incorrectly used the wrong description and it wasn't meant to degrade the racers. I edited out amateur (spelled correctly).
Old 11-13-2019, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Racefan

length is the exact same as the years past, same course... Wednesday/Friday we’re always shorter races then Sunday.
It USED to be a whole lot longer... No wonder boats keep flipping in KW..its like trying to race monster trucks in the back yard.

Anyways, nice first post, did you just happen to stumble onto OSO and find this thread? Are you somebody else and made up a new identity for this thread or are you a media rep for RWO ??
Old 11-14-2019, 12:39 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in the day...

Old 11-14-2019, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
It USED to be a whole lot longer... No wonder boats keep flipping in KW..its like trying to race monster trucks in the back yard.

Anyways, nice first post, did you just happen to stumble onto OSO and find this thread? Are you somebody else and made up a new identity for this thread or are you a media rep for RWO ??
Actually, I was told about this site and then came across the thread, I'm a very big fan and did infact help with some of the races SBI put on. I have the upmost respect for the people at SBI (John/Deana, etc) but I also support RWO. I really want this sport to thrive and I so enjoy the Key West races... I will support whoever is running the races and I'm the kind of person who thinks change is not a bad thing, I enjoy the Key West race week not just for the boats going around in a circle but also for the other events and RWO delivered a lot of activities outside the actual races. Like I said, I just want the sport to thrive no matter who's running it. I did have a chance to talk to many of the racers, even the ones in the double flip, they were VERY pleased with how RWO handled everything. So, happy racers, mostly happy fans, hopefully the sport grows and the show gets better..... No agenda here...
Old 11-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Registered

Fair enough. And so you understand my background... I do not race offshore though eventually I will probably throw my hat in the ring. I have raced competitively at the top levels of other endurance motorsports and also hold a few records. I have also worked medical at a number of offshore races. When I came around offshore about 15 years ago there were several orgs and the sport was rather fractured. The phrase "United we race" was thrown around a lot but never materialized. Today all but one of those orgs have failed. And that one org has had huge races all year.. with 50=60 boat counts. The failed remnants of sbi have reinvented itself as rwo.. Just as the sport was about to come under one umbrella, one set of classes, one set of rules and some sense of stability, along comes two to further splinter fracture and attempt to destroy the sport. Had it not been for two, the key west races would have likely been 3 times the size with the world championship title actually meaning something. Am I Smitty and oprah's biggest cheerleader? No...he'll he still owes me money.. but unification and common ground to allow more people to race together is the best chance this sport has. Opa is attempting to build the sport, two is ripping it apart yet again.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:49 PM
Registered

So Im hearing Englewood has 70 plus boats,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 11-22-2019, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Almost 80 and that’s with out 2 class one teams and the boats that broke in key west
Old 11-22-2019, 11:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by flat rate
Almost 80 and that’s with out 2 class one teams and the boats that broke in key west

That is amazing considering at least 4 superstock teams won't be there. 3 from the Key West wrecks and Performance Boat Center won't be there. I wonder what Supercat teams will be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.