Like Tree92Likes

Outerlimits Race Boat

Old 11-13-2019, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Outerlimits Race Boat

That boat looked great in Key West. I understand it was more of a "learning" week, given it was brand new. I did not see Sunday's races. Any issues, or were they just taking it easy on the maiden voyage? Beautiful boat, i'll certainly be following and cheering for OL.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Old 11-13-2019, 07:36 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

It did look good. I have some video of it running but can’t download it from my phone?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boat looked and sounded great all 3 days. Ran all the laps. I call that a good race week for a new boat.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Registered

The boat looked awesome, and the crew deserves a ton of credit for not trying to mix it up with the other teams. We have seen too many others do the opposite only to end up upside down at turn one. Good job!
Griff, gmhdfan, Knot 4 Me and 5 others like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:07 AM
Registered

It was obvious the boat wasnt on pace with the lead boats, but I thought it was a good showing for a new team. Sounded strong and not 1 mechanical issue... like was stated above ran every lap.

The last day they let Crc mix it up and run with the supercat boats...

I am pretty sure they raced that mti in supercat 7 years ago or so...

Obviously it has bigger engines now, but he literally could play with every boat out there and just gap them (I understand power advantage), but the boat never once looked unsettled or flighty...

I'm assuming the supercat spec boats are trimmed for max rpm where he was just cruising?

It was amazing to me to watch the different attitudes at the same speed.
OPS VZLA and Rollin1405 like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke View Post
It was obvious the boat wasnt on pace with the lead boats, but I thought it was a good showing for a new team. Sounded strong and not 1 mechanical issue... like was stated above ran every lap.

The last day they let Crc mix it up and run with the supercat boats...

I am pretty sure they raced that mti in supercat 7 years ago or so...

Obviously it has bigger engines now, but he literally could play with every boat out there and just gap them (I understand power advantage), but the boat never once looked unsettled or flighty...

I'm assuming the supercat spec boats are trimmed for max rpm where he was just cruising?

It was amazing to me to watch the different attitudes at the same speed.
Some of what you saw was Jeff Harris’s talent on display. He is one of the best, albeit underrated, racers of the modern era.
PigNaPoke and Rollin1405 like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Registered

I talked to several people that were at the races, and they all said that OL boat was so far behind it was embarrassing. No one goes RACING and takes it that easy or to look that bad.

with all that said- there was another brand new team with a driver that has never raced before. The Dependable Skater. That boat was FAST!! Ran up with the leaders for the 2 days it raced. Ya it had some issues but it proved it had speed!!
abones and klaatutooyou like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:25 AM
Registered

For those who gave compliments, Thanks. We under propped on purpose all week to learn the boat, not sure how that's embarrassing. We had one hour in the boat before KW and didn't want to F-up. We didn't spin out, roll the boat or break. We finished every race. To us that was a success. It's the toughest class to step into in all offshore racing with all the big name veterans in it. For the nay sayers, if you think it was so embarrassing why don't you get one and join the class and see how you do on your first time out in KW. Everyone in our class was impressed with our performance. We passed a boat on wednesday and sunday thats been racing all season.
Griff, gmhdfan, cowisl and 17 others like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BONDO10 View Post
That boat looked great in Key West. I understand it was more of a "learning" week, given it was brand new. I did not see Sunday's races. Any issues, or were they just taking it easy on the maiden voyage? Beautiful boat, i'll certainly be following and cheering for OL.

Sunday was our best day, most comfortable day in the boat. Passed a boat on lap 3 and kept the pack in sights. We were gaining 2 seconds a lap on Myrick and JT every lap. We ended up 5th sunday and 5th over all.
Griff, gmhdfan, kjm5125 and 4 others like this.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser