Looking for options what to put on Spark Plug wire Sleeving

Notices

Looking for options what to put on Spark Plug wire Sleeving

Old 11-21-2019, 05:50 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Looking for options what to put on Spark Plug wire Sleeving

So I have been busy for the past 4 months having spark plugs wires improved upon for the marine environment. ended up going with a sleeve material for one that holds up to heat very well and secondly looks really good on top of. I can have different color sleeving - red - yellow - orange and so on.

I think I am going with black and blue and red sleeves for starters. The sleeving has no writing or logos on it as you can see in the pics below. So my question is should I leave them plain ? or put a logo or wording on the sleeves ? I am basically taking votes for what is best to put or not on the sleeves ? What should I have put on the sleeves that would look great overall for the vast amount of boaters who will need spark plug wires at some point in time.

Below are the Merc Racing HP 525 and the Merc Racing HP 600 sci and Merc Racing HP 700 sci prototype spark plug wires but have been fully tested. Good to go on that end.

Last edited by BUP; 11-21-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:50 PM
BUP
Banned

Old 11-21-2019, 05:51 PM
BUP
Banned

Old 11-21-2019, 05:52 PM
BUP
Banned

Old 11-21-2019, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Is this something just for you? Or is this something your planning on producing and selling?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks awesome by the way. I love the idea.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:57 PM
BUP
Banned

Jan 2019 - Moroso had a person fly into Dallas and wanted to meet with me -- inwhich we did. The jist ---. Moroso many years ago was in the marine biz as they made marine engines and of course marine oil pans.. Not many engines were built because they really and still are known for drag cars, auto hot rodding and the ULTRA 40 High Performance spark plug wires.. At that time - The owner of Moroso liked boats as well. He passed on during the marine start up programs and the biz went to his son so all that marine start up went away and basically was shelfed for good.

With that said Moroso currently wants to get its feet wet again in the marine side of the coin. So basically this is where I have fallen in with them. Persay Moroso Marine. This past summer I was the first one to get Moroso s brand new designed Dry sump oiling system that went into Team Woodys Race Boat. Yes that was a complete newly designed dry sump from Moroso and what a better way to test it than in marine app.

Anyways long story -- as it is no secret Moroso makes marine spark plug wires for me exclusively that took off in June 2019. These wire sets are not out of the auto side - not one set. For one I take new and fairly new plus used spark plug wire sets and send them off to Moroso inwhich they actually break down the oem and aftermarket wire sets that I personally sent in. Again all from Marine engines. They -- Moroso and myself discuss the good, the bad and the ugly as how to improve upon them all the way around to have better performing spark plug wire sets.

So for 2020 I totally wanted better sleeving for HEAT and GAS FUMES and emissions that happen in the engine compartment of marine apps. Plus I wanted the looks improved upon per what Moroso sleeving was using since day one.

Some other facts, Moroso is one of 3 companies ONLY that actually make all their own wire in HOUSE -- in the USA and including all the inner core wires. All other spark plug wire people buy from one of those 3 to make their own wires then of course put their name on it.. But then you have companies like MSD in which are made in China and Mercruiser spark plug wires are made in Mexico. All Mercruiser spark plug wires are made in Mexico and all are only 7 mm in diameter, this does not offer as much insulation layers for longevity in marine apps plus each wire is is very high in ohms per ft.

With that said I will have the complete marine line exclusively to offer thru Moroso per how I want them done and tested. First on the list was from day one was EMI and RFI suppression. One of the big issues to vastly reduce all that is with crimp at the connector to wire. Also the boot quality and its structure also how the wire is made. Next is notice the heat shrink at the boot and wire itself. All this helps and provides a better quality wire and better performing wire especially for todays EFI and ignition components.

So my questions are --- should I leave the wires plain with just the color sleeves or come up with something on the sleeves ( wording - logos or ?? ). Also keep in mind I can basically offer 8 different colors of the sleeving. So what colors should I offer -- Blue like I have in the pics - I take it red and black for 2 other colors to start out with -- what else ? .Feedback would help vastly. THANKS

Last edited by BUP; 11-21-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Red, blue or black would pretty much cover it for me . They look good and I like the abrasion protection. Have you got an idea on pricing yet? I wouldn't care about logo as long as not big print . You could do like hardin and have your name on them since it is your baby.

Last edited by motor; 11-22-2019 at 04:42 AM. Reason: logo
Old 11-22-2019, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi, John. For 700sci application, the wires are hidden when viewing the bilge. Therefore, I feel some "labeling" on the insulation itself is not good value. However, "Moroso" molded in to the boot would be nice, from a grip standpoint.

Let me know when they are available.

Terry
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I’d be in for 2 sets, black or blue. Let us know when they’re available

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.