Who built this?

Old 03-20-2005, 09:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: Who built this?

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Starkey Starkey Starkey!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you view that entire website, you will see that all that company has done with there performance division is market other manufacturers old designs.
And your point is Tracie ???

It looks like the boats did well on the race course...That counts for something right ???
The Challenger Offshore story began in the early 1980's, when two men had a dream. They simply wanted a small company to hand build the fastest boats in the Midwest. They began to build V-22 and V-24 boats in Cedar Springs, Michigan. In a short time their reputation spread among serious performance boaters and racers, who eagerly bought these incredibly fast boats. In 1990, the company was moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Challenger Offshore tradition continued by consistently building quality boats. Challenger Offshore teamed up with race driver Jim Angles. Jim, driving Mr. Goodwrench, a 28' Challenger Offshore, won the Central Division in U.S. Offshore, was First Runner-Up in the National Standings, Second Runner-Up in the World Championship, and set a record speed for his class at 101.56 mph.

See Facility Information Here!!

Race driver Joey Turek has prepared a 28' Challenger, Mr. Goodwrench, with anticipated speeds in excess of 110 mph. Challenger Offshore can provide models for the very popular FI, FII and FIII Classes of the APBA. Challenger Offshore has been featured numerous times in Powerboat and Hot Boat, as well as other national trade magazines. Challenger Offshore also had the honor and distinction of being the Official Pace Boats for the U.S. Offshore Racing Association Pro Tour in 1997. With our eye on the future, we began to design a whole new generation of Challengers utilizing proven world-class technology. We started by selecting one of the foremost hull designers and naval architects in the world, Harry Schoell, designer and owner of the patented Duo-Delta Conic hull. The result? Our new Challengers have an unbelievably smooth ride in rough water and are "user friendly." Speed in our DDC-28, depending on drive, with a single Mercruiser 502 is in the mid 70's. Our Challenger DDC-33, with twin 502's and Black Hawk drives, hits mid 80's. Even with a standard 7.4L and Bravos, the boats run very respectable. These are true performance boats!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 03-20-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

TRACIE,
Which boat is this?
(No helping him Bob!)
Attached Thumbnails Who built this?-cigarette.jpg  

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 03-20-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who built this?

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
To date, the Hydras have not have any hull failures. Only one is no longer with us. It was lost due to an EFI failure at one of the races and burned to the waterline. Concrete Kat was the name. It was Jack's 1st race boat I believe.
Sharkey,
In the summer of '99 or '00 the 36' Hydra cat boat named Relentless suffered hull failure via delamination on Barnegat Bay. If I'm not mistaken, Relentless was formerly named Finish Line (with Joe Pesci's sig on the dash) and was later renamed Relentless by Anthony R. & Frank C. and doned red, orange, purple and black vinyl graphics down the hull sides. Riding down Barnegat Bay at 130+ mph in this cat was like holding onto a bullet for dear life... it was great!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:34 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Missouri

i figured that from the MO..... i was just wondering who had that kinda thing sitting around in these parts?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:14 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
i figured that from the MO..... i was just wondering who had that kinda thing sitting around in these parts?
I don't know exactly where it is. That was all I could tell from the file name of the photo.

Jigsaw,
I don't recall Relentless picking up that boat but my memory is not that good. Do you have any pics? I know they run a Skater...
Hydra still advertises they have had no warranty claims on their hulls. I do recall the boat having huge power and big cans coming out the back. The boat was extremely fast.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkey, I have a few pics I can attempt to scan and post for you. I never scanned anything before so I'll try it this evening.
Dan
Old 03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Jigsaw,

You are correct on that one. They had the old Finishline and named it Relentless and they did stuff it in Barnaget Bay. The owners are customers to the shop that I work with today.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:18 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

TRACIE,
Which boat is this?
(No helping him Bob!)
Do you know Tracie??????????

Old 03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

That boat is manufactured today by Challenger but it looks like one of the older Aronow designs.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:38 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
looks like one of the older Aronow designs.
That's what I was getting at. Your answer is quite broad though... Any idea which design?

Quick Reply: Who built this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.