Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Profile: Fountain 47 Lightning Strikes A Major Chord (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/364194-profile-fountain-47-lightning-strikes-major-chord.html)

Crude Intentions 12-11-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ALL_IN! (Post 4718049)
I prefer the left hand controls. :D

that’s awesome. I know I don’t have to worry about you changing them before I buy the boat :whistle:

Wildman_grafix 12-11-2019 02:50 PM

A post about a brand new fountain with a different deck, seats, Dash, cabin, 1550 power and everyone talks about the throttles!

To Funny.

Thor39 12-11-2019 02:53 PM

Always loved Fountains, this is the cream of the crop. Well built machine and obviously quite fast :D . Would love to see more pics and videos of it running!

And agreed with the above. People miss the point and get sidetracked so easily.

RaggedEdge 12-11-2019 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Thor39 (Post 4718056)
Always loved Fountains, this is the cream of the crop. Well built machine and obviously quite fast :D . Would love to see more pics and videos of it running!

And agreed with the above. People miss the point and get sidetracked so easily.

Left vs Right? Sounds like a political debate.

When you're hot, you're hot and should be able to go either way!

TomFTM 12-11-2019 05:40 PM

I look forward to going out for a ride On it this summer , it will be in my neck of the woods.

rak rua 12-11-2019 07:01 PM

Sweet looking boat, hopefully it will generate more Fountain buyers. Respect for all the other great boats in the market, Fountain has always been my favorite.
I'll bet Reggie's feeling justifiably proud. :)

LH throttles? I think it depends what you're brought up on and get used to. Coming from a RHD car country, I've always driven a manual (stick shift...?) with my left hand. Felt completely natural. Could you guys get used to that? Of course you could.

RR

TBAG 12-11-2019 07:52 PM

Wow, that thing is perfect, from the paint to the power to the RH throttles! haha

Wildman_grafix 12-11-2019 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by TBAG (Post 4718094)
Wow, that thing is perfect, from the paint to the power to the RH throttles! haha

My buddy is restoring a 20 cig,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, left hand drivers seat and throttles!

Some of the old BB jet boats were the same way. Anyway back to the 47.

Seen it in person nice paint and its crazy how tame those motors are around the dock.

Drinking Fountain 12-11-2019 08:38 PM

This is just my opinion, but if I am thinking correctly the LH throttles allow you to trim the drives/tabs while running wide open with your fingers, so you can still have full control of the boat with one hand on the wheel and the other on the throttles at all times and/or adjusting your trim. One would think that is also why they changed to the steering wheel trim buttons at one point as well.

Matt Trulio 12-12-2019 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Drinking Fountain (Post 4718103)
This is just my opinion, but if I am thinking correctly the LH throttles allow you to trim the drives/tabs while running wide open with your fingers, so you can still have full control of the boat with one hand on the wheel and the other on the throttles at all times and/or adjusting your trim. One would think that is also why they changed to the steering wheel trim buttons at one point as well.

Best screen name, ever.

I'm still laughing.