Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami boat show. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/364521-miami-boat-show.html)

caseyh 01-08-2020 11:00 AM

Miami boat show.

Who’s headed to the Miami boat show this year? Thinking about going and need to book flights and rooms.

uluru 01-08-2020 12:46 PM

I am going to be at the show some time between the 14th and the 16th.
Not sure of the exact day yet as I will be driving down from the Toronto area and spending all of Feb. in FL.
I will be in the Clearwater, Fort Myers areas as well as Miami and I may go down to the Keys to Marathon for a few days.
Plans are flexible.
Woulld love to meet up with some of the members of this site at the show if any have displays, etc.

BBYSTWY 01-08-2020 01:06 PM

I am returning from a cruise on the 10th back into Miami....trying to talk the lady into staying a few extra days and hitting the show but we'll see

39 Unlimited 01-09-2020 05:09 PM

We're in!

cigrocket 01-09-2020 06:28 PM

Logistically, it sure was easier when it was at the Convention Center, partied on South Beach, 4am breakfast at the 11th Street Diner and crashed at the Clevelander. Just my 2 cents. Lot less to plan

Bostonirish 01-09-2020 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by cigrocket (Post 4721246)
Logistically, it sure was easier when it was at the Convention Center, partied on South Beach, 4am breakfast at the 11th Street Diner and crashed at the Clevelander. Just my 2 cents. Lot less to plan

spent more time sitting in traffic last year than looking at boats .

39 Unlimited 01-11-2020 06:04 AM

Agreed, the South Beach convention center was convenient. We still stay on SB; generally someone from our boating crew brings a boat down for the week making the commute to Virginia Key awesome. The other positive is we seem to spend a lot more time outside. Being from the Midwest, this is much needed vitamin D after 3.5 months of minimal / zero sunshine. One BIG negative, the Miami Boat show does not sell Bud Light. This has been a major problem in the past, hoping this is resolved for 2020.

See ya in Miami

Bostonirish 01-11-2020 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited (Post 4721383)
Agreed, the South Beach convention center was convenient. We still stay on SB; generally someone from our boating crew brings a boat down for the week making the commute to Virginia Key awesome. The other positive is we seem to spend a lot more time outside. Being from the Midwest, this is much needed vitamin D after 3.5 months of minimal / zero sunshine. One BIG negative, the Miami Boat show does not sell Bud Light. This has been a major problem in the past, hoping this is resolved for 2020.

See ya in Miami

I remember that !! No anheuser Busch products at all . Probably a union issue to be honest it happens at the trade shows I attend in Boston all the time . One year they have Budweiser next year they seem to have miller . Soooo I go to the hard stuff !!

PremierPOWER 01-13-2020 11:07 AM

I actually like it better where it is at now vs the convention center. Something about the boats floating on the water outdoors just makes it more enjoyable. We get up early and get there before traffic. At the end of the day, just turn left and go get dinner down the island. The traffic will be gone by the time you are done. This worked out very well for us the last 2 years.