Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
FLA guys, need some info please >

FLA guys, need some info please

Notices

FLA guys, need some info please

Old 11-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Allan4

Default FLA guys, need some info please

I may be spending a few months near Destin and PC Beach. I have considered taking the boat. What is the high perf boating scene and is the weather going to hold out in north Fla in Dec and Jan? Any help is appreciated. Thanks........look out FLA!!

Old 11-06-2002, 11:32 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,703 Likes on 3,785 Posts

Compared to cincinnati weather it will be great, but for florida weather there are some mild days, and some cold days as well.
Ive done some boating Jan 1st then nothing for 2 or 3 weeks.
I also go out when it 45 degrees out , I just wear a jacket, and there are less knuckleheads out then, just the pure diehards.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you can better understand think about take'n your boat out in .. well let's say late Oct early Nov there.. it's the same way down here.. just too cold on the water..
Old 11-07-2002, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The panhandle is significantly cooler than central and south Florida. This is not to say that boating is out of the question, but you may experience some near frost temps occasionally.

That time of year is tough to predict, it could be upper 70's, low 80's one day and in the 40's the next.

With that being said I must say that in the last 4 years, there has not been a single month that I have NOT boated. I always find good days even in December, January and February. Of course, that's here quite a way south of Destin.

Look at this chart:
Attached Thumbnails FLA guys, need some info please-untitled1.jpg  
Old 11-07-2002, 08:14 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

They have some nice dry storage in the Destin area now. The one at Mid Bay bridge is the cat's meow!
Old 11-07-2002, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude....I finally go back to work and you're off to FL to go play! Well maybe there are cheap tickets from cincy to Destin!!
Old 11-07-2002, 08:56 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,703 Likes on 3,785 Posts

itllfli,
you need to bring your 26 ao down south for the winter, i get back in feb from italy and would be happy to ensure it is runnig good thru the winter.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Pete...how has it been?! I would love to bring it down, but I finally started my new job!! Unless of course you could talk to the Navy into a conferencing contract with my company!! Hell...then I could retire down there!! We will see how it goes. I want to come down but it will probably have to be without my boat. I really need to focus on selling instead of boats!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Registered

Baja is right. There is a huge drop in temps in the panhandle verses central & south Fl. I also boat every month of the year.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:30 AM
Allan4

Yup, this was the response I was afraid of getting. Coolder in the handle than in Tampa, etc.....Well, I am flying down Sunday to scope things out for a few days, via frequnt flier miles. Then I will drive back down probably early the following week if all checks out, only 10 hours from Cincy. I am staying with a buddy near Destin. From what I remember (from the spring break days.... ) it is mostly fishing towns and tourists. Is there any high perf boating around?? What about an ICW trip to Tampa?? I know it is a far run, but how far. Or, am I better off trialering south for a few days?? Thanks for the help fellas, I hope all works out, I would love to spend a few months in FloriDUH....HAHAHAHA J/K

By the way Daze.....where do you come up with this stuff........charts and diagrams.......!!! AHAHAHAHAHA, your a beauty

Quick Reply: FLA guys, need some info please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.