Old 02-10-2020, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Our Cummins engines in NJ the SH version of boats in FL
Old 02-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
When we re-did the Gancia (Super Hero) with the 4 big Seatek's 900/950 (they said), we ran it on Lake Como and it went 112 mph. Maybe a little faster in saltwater, maybe some other props could it have gone faster? I know one thing at that speed the boat chine walked real bad, scary.
did you have the wing on the Gancia de Gancia? we never ran it without it but Bill Sirois and I ran the black 38 in Sarasota bay one day with out the wing and it chine walked so bad that we were getting wet from it swapping sides so bad. put the wing on and all was good. never had the nerve to run the Gancia with out as it was faster than the 38 and it scared us bad enough.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

No the 46 with the wing on Lake Como and it was still flopping from side to side - LOL

The only time we raced the 38 with wing off was in KW, it was rough and the wing literally dipped into the water in the trough but you couldn't go that fast! We ran the 38 a couple times without the wing to just run the boat (not too fast) and yea it tossed you from side to side. I never liked what they made us do which was add the hydraulic steering. The boat was built with dual rack and pinion cables and it seemed easier to correct the chine walk BUT you had to be strong to do it. Kitami wanted hydraulic because it was easier to turn, I think that made you correct to much too fast - that's just my 2 cents.

I'll say I loved the cable steering, you felt like you drove the boat, hydraulic has no feel, the cable you feel the water pressure.