Big Boat, Little Boat, Flat Rate

Notices

Big Boat, Little Boat, Flat Rate

Old 02-06-2020, 11:32 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Boat, Little Boat, Flat Rate

Coast Guard documentation costs shouldn’t be subject to size or purchase price of a vessel. We believe in a flat rate. Give us a call for our flat rate quote today.

573-342-3400
Old 02-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/2291786

It is incredibly easy and cheap to do it yourself on the official USCG site. So many companies that try to give the impression that they are the actual USCG charge alot more for a service that is very easy to DIY.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your statement may be true, however, we are an independent company and are not advertising as if we are with the USCG. Not every application to the coast guard is the same, and that is why we make sure all the correct information is submitted pertaining to a specific vessel. Thank you for your input though.
573-342-3400
Old 02-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER View Post
https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/2291786

It is incredibly easy and cheap to do it yourself on the official USCG site. So many companies that try to give the impression that they are the actual USCG charge alot more for a service that is very easy to DIY.
You are correct about renewals... I believe if you look back at this business member they have actually recommended DIY many times in the past.

But when it comes to transferring ownership (Purchasing) and you have a decision to go Coast Guard or Titling, having a professional walk you through the options is well worth the call.

I look at it like this: Filing your taxes, some only require the 1040EZ, others require a CPA and half a tree of forms. Making sure they are done correctly for the few hundred dollars it costs, gives me piece of mind. But like anything, some would rather do anything and everything themselves, others such as myself, often look to the professional so I can spend my time doing what makes me the most return on my time. Just remember not all states are created equal either.... In some states having them Documented will save you thousands of dollars.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:37 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Its like anything. I would never be in business if every single boat owner worked on their own boat no matter what the issue was. There is some boat owners who rather hit the water, turn the key and enjoy rather than working up side down trying to fix their own boat. Some can careless about doing any of that and some would rather do their own work no matter what the job is. Same goes for home repairs and auto repairs and so on. There always comes a point and time were one has to use someone else's services to get the job done.

Last edited by BUP; 02-08-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Dam mvdservice, you are good at click bait. I need to check the thread starter before clicking.

Padraig
Old 02-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I received my documentation yesterday. Yes I done it myself but mine was a different situation. It use to be documented and then someone titled it with the state so I switched it back. I called the USCG documentation center and they told me what to do and sent the papers for me to complete. It cost me $80 to reapply and it will be $26 each year to renew. Wish I would’ve done this with my previous boats because KY charges me over $300 each year.

I’m not sure if the company above can speed up the process or not. I submitted my paperwork October last year and received my certificate last week.