Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Snowmobiles! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36493-snowmobiles.html)

Sacandaga 11-07-2002 10:30 AM

Snowmobiles!

(Sorry all you Southerns) Any of you Northest members looking for a perfect 2001 Mach Z? Check it out on www.ebay.com. Search Mach Z. Hate to talk about winter, but gotta have something to pass the time until boating season again!:D

EvilTwin 11-07-2002 10:40 AM

Sac,

Please tell me you are not selling yours! If so why and what are you going to ride this year?

EvilTwin 11-07-2002 10:53 AM

Oh and by the way,

Anybody that is interested, I can tell you that if this is his, It is extremely clean. Like new. If I wanted a Ski Doo this would be perfect (but I am an Arctic Cat man).

Sacandaga 11-07-2002 12:13 PM

Evil Twin my friend you are much too kind!

I actually bought a 2003 REV 800 Twin. I know they look strange at first, but I spent about an hour really looking one over. The whole design really makes sense to me. Besides, now that I am an old married expecting father, I really do not have the need or want to ride the lake wide open all the time. I will miss the power of that mighty triple/triple, oh well.

I'll let you know when I pick up the new machine....

Playn 11-07-2002 03:36 PM

Well speaking of wintersports, does anybody know of anyone wanting to unload a late model Z 120 ?

MitchStellin 11-07-2002 04:08 PM

Keith, I think I saw a few on EBay the other day. Worth a try although they are usually a little ways away, at least the snow doesn't fall in all states:D

Playn 11-07-2002 04:20 PM

Mitch, I saw the one on ebay with the wheel kit. It had a "buy it now" price of $1400 which I should have done. Last time I looked bidding was over $1800:rolleyes: Mr. procrastination here.

ChrisK 11-07-2002 04:55 PM

My next door neighbor used to ride alot when i lived up in NY.. He was killed on sacadaga lake riding at night. Roger hennel. I believe his sons still ride alot up in that area. not sure, it has been a few years since I moved to FL. If I remember correctly he and another person hit head on. That was a bad year.....

Zyzzyx2123 11-08-2002 12:15 PM

New 2003 Ski Doo 800 H.O. Rev

Ahhhh worldy gifts!!!!!!!

Nuttin like a bit-o-Hubris

NEW SLED BRITE SNOWMOBILE CLEANERS

GRH 11-08-2002 01:58 PM

Originally posted by ChrisK
My next door neighbor used to ride alot when i lived up in NY.. He was killed on sacadaga lake riding at night. Roger hennel. I believe his sons still ride alot up in that area. not sure, it has been a few years since I moved to FL. If I remember correctly he and another person hit head on. That was a bad year.....
Roger was a friend of mine also... as is his brother Doug.... Indeed that was a very bad year.....

ChrisK 11-08-2002 02:22 PM

I just remembered he had bought a baja in FL and brought it up to NY, I think that is what started my love of powerboats. My family skied with the hennels on the U.S. Waterski Show team in scotia for years. I remember Gary and his brother bringing home the trailer that had all the arctic cats in it... I think they had something like 6 or 7 sleds between roger,gary and the rest of the family. Rogers wife died i think the next year or the year after that....

EvilTwin 11-12-2002 11:59 AM

ChrisK,

I know the family very well. Great people. That was my group of people at the accident. It was a bad night I lost two friends that night, Roger and Tom T. The accident scene was unforgetable. I am going over to Greg Hennels'(oldest son) this week with my sled. Greg sold that Baja (25 Outlaw) this past spring. As far as the sKi team in scotia, they wanted me to drive one of the boats for the shows. Gary and his sister Julie were in it. Great skiiers.