best cover for nor-tech 390? >

best cover for nor-tech 390?

Notices

best cover for nor-tech 390?

Old 02-13-2020, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best cover for nor-tech 390?

I have a 2018 Nor-tech 390 w/ quad 400's. The boat came with a very nice Marine Concepts, over the hardtop, one-piece full boat cover. It is huge & not practical to put on/ take off every time we want to use the boat. I'm trying to decide if I should get individual covers for the upholstery, which would leave the paint and flooring exposed, or get a multi (4?) piece cover to attach under the hardtop and would protect the entire interior of the boat. I keep it on a hydro-hoist and it gets windy at my dock, so whatever style I go with has to be able to take the wind without flapping and chaffing the paint. I'm in Mass, so the boat is only outside for 4-5 months/year. What is everyone else doing with their center consoles? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:30 PM
Registered

Old 02-13-2020, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Go on Youtube and look at some the Canvas Factory has made, they are in Florida, but it will give you some good ideas.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Look into the Marine Concepts Open Air Cover System.
http://www.robrichgraphix.com/webdev/Marine%20Concepts%20v4/open-air-covers.html

Old 02-13-2020, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Looking for info too as a replacement for this. Pretty heavy but it's fairly heavy and takes 2 people to get it over the top but it is excellent protection. The thing I don't want is snaps above the bow rail, Would rather have the full cover of a lighter weight material. The M-Concepts are not allowed at our complex at LOTO, in higher winds they turn into sails and have been damaged. That said I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:49 AM
Registered

wananewboat - I looked up Canvas Factory - I'm either going to do it that way or individual covers for all the upholstery. Looks like they do very nice work.
sydwayz - I don't think the open air system would work at my location - my hydrohoist is tied off to a floating dock. It gets windy & I can have 1-2' waves at the dock, I think everything moves around too much.
tlark - your cover extends down the hull sides further than mine, I definitely want to get something that is easier to handle.
I'll try to get to the boat and get a picture of the Marine Concepts cover I have.
Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Southbrook, beautiful boat. Where in Mass are you?
I have all the individual covers for seats, helm etc. It's not a bad system, takes 10 minutes to pull them off and store them, probably 25 minutes to put them on. Whats nice is it's a one person job, even in the wind. I had a roof and motor cover made to match.I did a one piece cover for all three motors that works well. The roof is the only challenge in the wind. Yours probably wouldn't be as difficult with a tubular t-top. I have the rounded waxed roof, so the cover slides around until I get it buckled

Last edited by BONDO10; 02-14-2020 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark

Looking for info too as a replacement for this. Pretty heavy but it's fairly heavy and takes 2 people to get it over the top but it is excellent protection. The thing I don't want is snaps above the bow rail, Would rather have the full cover of a lighter weight material. The M-Concepts are not allowed at our complex at LOTO, in higher winds they turn into sails and have been damaged. That said I have heard nothing but good things about them.
That sounds like an association rule, and a bit over stated amount of stress on the docks. Our docks at LOTO are loaded with them. I do think they add a bit of stress, but if they are measured right and tight fitting, they don't add much more stress than a cover that would drape over a center console, day boat, pontoon or cruiser, which makes up most of the boats at our dock. We had an association president a few years back that wanted to ban them, but all the boat owners responded we'd rather just pay for additional anchorage if we find that it causes too much wind load. It hasn't been necessary, and one dock has them on almost every boat. Now the new box type covers that lower electrically from the roof are a different story. We approved one of those, but I doubt we will approve anymore after seeing them installed.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

. The cover I took pics of is heavy but it is manageable and I want to use it in the off season/winter months. It takes about 20 min to remove and install, bulky and while it doesnt take that much space it stays rolled up on the dock. Right now this boat stays outside on the lift and heavy is better in this case, this cover isnt moving when secured via bungee cords. I would welcome any pictures you guys have of individual seat & helm covers as that would be a option during the summer months. Prob we have a LOTO is the tree pollen in Spring and not covering the top. Wasps build nests and the underside of the tops would attract attention too.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Living in a crazy climate called Colorado, I have three covers for my center console. The one for winter storage covers the boat from bow to stern including the T-top and motor. For gentler weather I use the trailering cover that does not cover the T-top, blue Sunbrella. For really nice days I have individual covers for the console, leaning post, and motor, red Sunbrella.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.