Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Short clip of the recent SOTW Featured Fountain 47 Lightning handling Haulover Inlet >

Short clip of the recent SOTW Featured Fountain 47 Lightning handling Haulover Inlet

Notices

Short clip of the recent SOTW Featured Fountain 47 Lightning handling Haulover Inlet

Old 02-17-2020, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Short clip of the recent SOTW Featured Fountain 47 Lightning handling Haulover Inlet

Thought some of you guys may like this. It's only about 15 seconds at the beginning of the video but you can see the 47 putting in work on some big ol' rollers at Haulover. Seems she was a bit bow down but certainly plowed through as good as I've ever seen on this channel.

This YouTube channel puts out some pretty cool videos with the occasional Outerlimits/Apache/Cigarette etc. in it blowing through big water.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 861 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Thor39 View Post
Thought some of you guys may like this. It's only about 15 seconds at the beginning of the video but you can see the 47 putting in work on some big ol' rollers at Haulover. Seems she was a bit bow down but certainly plowed through as good as I've ever seen on this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4b9KoVIZVQ

This YouTube channel puts out some pretty cool videos with the occasional Outerlimits/Apache/Cigarette etc. in it blowing through big water.
To me it looks like he let off on the last one and the bow really dropped. On FB everyone is trying to figure how fast he was going, 40,50,60?
Old 02-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

As Teenagers We Water Skied out that Cut A lot Sometimes you could only see the Rope going Back Thru a Wave, Not Knowing if the Skier was still on or Not !! Lol, Fun Times For Sure...

Then Whenever there was a Tropical Storm or Hurricane off the Coast we'd Take my Friends 25 Man Life Raft, Some Coolers of Beer and Some Chic's and Paddle out the Cut into what was sometimes 15'+ Waves.. We Never Killed any of us So It Was Awesome....
Old 02-18-2020, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

ZipZap Power, Livin off the land and Wavy Boats are pretty solid really. They have pretty good power boat posts on youtube if you do a search. Up here in the frozen north its what you do until it get warm.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Definitely eats it up... wouldn't have taken much to get thru that last one clean.

Love that turbo sound.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:54 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 186 Likes on 68 Posts

that there is what the beak does best . . . deflect . . . cool clip.

I'm not sure there really is any clean way to get in and out of some of these cuts when they are running in or out like that. I've been through a number of them including this one and for someone thats just not use to it it can be intimidating. Sometimes you just cant really find the right trim setting because the whole thing just drops out from under you behind a giant standing wave. Some of the cuts up in Jersey that we raced out of were nuts, heck i remember once racing out of Destin they closed the cut for a while during testing and you could not come or go because of the ten foot waves in there . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )