Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits SV43 or Fountain 42PR >

Outerlimits SV43 or Fountain 42PR

Notices

Outerlimits SV43 or Fountain 42PR

Old 03-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 227 Likes on 77 Posts

So, Iíll probably get some flack for this. But I had a 39 gtx. **** was sketchy. I was literally the only person who enjoyed being in that boat. My wife all my friends etc. HATED the ride of it. I liked it because it was a drivers boat. Sloppy water in the back seat, forget about it.

I had ALOT of HP and I would like
to think I had some seat time
in the boat... I got passed by 42 fountains with almost half the HP... is a 42 canopy OL sick? Sure. No doubt. And was my 39 fast in the right water? Also yes. But heíll man those fountain bottoms are sick. Personally , Iíd got a 42 PR, and throw a new skater style windshield on it and a PIMP interior. With some big power youíd **** some people up on the poker run circuit.

but a cannopy Ol sure has some wow factor behind it. Iíve never been in a 43 sv. But im not sure i would buy another OL. A 42 legacy sure. But wow was my 39 a hand full in rough water. Half the time it wasnít even fun to drive and I was driving the balls off It.

this is also me on vacation after a day of drinking. So take it with a grain of salt. But ya, Iíd go for the 42 PR
Old 03-04-2020, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Just like women, who the hell doesn't like 'em Light and Loose ???
Old 03-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
So, I’ll probably get some flack for this. But I had a 39 gtx. **** was sketchy. I was literally the only person who enjoyed being in that boat. My wife all my friends etc. HATED the ride of it. I liked it because it was a drivers boat. Sloppy water in the back seat, forget about it.

in the boat... I got passed by 42 fountains with almost half the HP... is a 42 canopy OL sick? Sure. No doubt. And was my 39 fast in the right water? Also yes. But he’ll man those fountain bottoms are sick. Personally , I’d got a 42 PR, and throw a new skater style windshield on it and a PIMP interior. With some big power you’d **** some people up on the poker run circuit.

but a cannopy Ol sure has some wow factor behind it. I’ve never been in a 43 sv. But im not sure i would buy another OL. A 42 legacy sure. But wow was my 39 a hand full in rough water. Half the time it wasn’t even fun to drive and I was driving the balls off It.

this is also me on vacation after a day of drinking. So take it with a grain of salt. But ya, I’d go for the 42 PR
Back then, when those boats were built, there was a lot of experimentation going on with the hulls at OL. Some were great, others had issues. Maybe your was one of the troubled ones.
And, recently, I purchased a 35 Fountain to play with and I have to tell you that it seems to ride better than the Gladiator in heavy lake chop. I am very impressed with the hull.

Last edited by pm203; 03-04-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Original owner and several that ran poker runs with him loved it. To each their own. I do know for sure when it comes to boats with fairly big power and 6ís the wrong props can make a great boat horrific.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 227 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Original owner and several that ran poker runs with him loved it. To each their own. I do know for sure when it comes to boats with fairly big power and 6ís the wrong props can make a great boat horrific.

I do think my wheels were off. The boat had a huge spacer in it and we were playing with x dim when I sold it. I got a number I couldnít say no to, so I let it rip. I think another year with a little bit more testing in it would have been great. Or better. Who actually keeps boats for more than 2-3 years though ? Shoot Iím sure Iíll be bored of my 40 skater in probably 2 years lol
Old 03-05-2020, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
So, Iíll probably get some flack for this. But I had a 39 gtx. **** was sketchy. I was literally the only person who enjoyed being in that boat. My wife all my friends etc. HATED the ride of it. I liked it because it was a drivers boat. Sloppy water in the back seat, forget about it.

in the boat... I got passed by 42 fountains with almost half the HP... is a 42 canopy OL sick? Sure. No doubt. And was my 39 fast in the right water? Also yes. But heíll man those fountain bottoms are sick. Personally , Iíd got a 42 PR, and throw a new skater style windshield on it and a PIMP interior. With some big power youíd **** some people up on the poker run circuit.

but a cannopy Ol sure has some wow factor behind it. Iíve never been in a 43 sv. But im not sure i would buy another OL. A 42 legacy sure. But wow was my 39 a hand full in rough water. Half the time it wasnít even fun to drive and I was driving the balls off It.

this is also me on vacation after a day of drinking. So take it with a grain of salt. But ya, Iíd go for the 42 PR
You weren't the only one. Back in the day I used to drool over the 39 GTX's Randy used to have in his showroom at Lake Cumberland Marine when they were the #1 OL dealer. But the service guys told me on a number of occasions, "We love the OL but stay the hell away from the 39's. They have just never gotten that hull right." But that has nothing to do with the new SV's. Awesome machines.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post