Is it a good time to say it?...

Apache
Always a good time to say that....
Old 03-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I watch jargon. Occupational hazard.

I would only offer this: Taking precautions isn't silly. The general public's panicked reaction is. But that's on the general public. Are you panicking? Sure doesn't sound like it. Neither am I. We are choosing to remain calm. It is, in fact, a choice.
I've washed my hands more in the last few days than a typical week and avoided people I've known for years. Haven't missed a days work in more than 25 years and will be there tomorrow morning making sure things work as they should.

The sad thing is the fortune 500 company I work for has fallen all over themselves to accommodate the sales force and office staff--and hasn't done a damn thing to protect those of us on the floor keeping the company running and the money coming in???
Old 03-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Britain is advising all elderly to self isolate (soon may be a directive) and restricting travel to the USA .
Appears the UK is starting to adapt measures not needed since WW2.

"Wartime-like measures will ask carmakers to produce medical equipment and turn hotels into hospitals"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51895873

Old 03-15-2020, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

As of 9 pm tonight all restaurants and bars are to close in the state of ohio. Only restaurants with delivery. takeout or drive throws are able to say open
Old 03-16-2020, 03:54 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Italy is not America, or the rest of Europe .
Italy has a large older population and Italy and the rest of Europe has a dense population. Everyone takes public transportation on a daily basis so yes it will spread faster but once again 95% survival rate unless you`re old or have underlying health issues.
I feel like I`m living in a movie or twilight zone. Some of you need to turn off the news .

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1).

But yes let`s freak out and close schools, cancel sporting events, buy all the toilet paper in the isle because 2800 people are infected with corona flu .. makes sense!!

More people are going get shot and die in Chicago this month then all the corona deaths in the entire US ..
You have no idea how much I hope that you are right. I pray that you are right. But there are already 25 deaths out of that one nursing home in Wash State that was ground zero for the virus in the USA. I looked it up and it only has 106 rooms. That is an insane mortality rate for our elderly.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:26 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
You have no idea how much I hope that you are right. I pray that you are right. But there are already 25 deaths out of that one nursing home in Wash State that was ground zero for the virus in the USA. I looked it up and it only has 106 rooms. That is an insane mortality rate for our elderly.
The typical flu season has a mortality rate of about .1%. Preliminary reports puts the Coronavirus mortality rate @ 3% to nearly 7% depending on country. In your example the rate is about 12% assuming double occupancy.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math and see the implication.

Last edited by 1960brookwood; 03-16-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:10 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

The problem with calculating mortality rates is that we do not know how many are affected. If it is far more than reported as many state, then the fatality rate is way less than being reported.

This is one reason I see media hysteria as making this worse than it has to be...
Old 03-16-2020, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn

Have you ever been to a "nursing home" ?

I used to go to one every weekend with a girl i dated years ago , it was here Grandmother and it was f ucking sad. It ripped me up every time I went . To me it was where elderly were "thrown away" by there family - to live out what "life" they had left.

As I type this I am actually starting to tear up , because there was nothing I could do for any of those people that were "thrown away" because a family didn't want to be burdened with taking care of there own family.. It was a very said place .

That's a memory I would rather not think about but , yeah , I put it up here anyway.

So , from my "experience" you bet a disease will exterminate the eldery in nursing homes. It's not the County Club.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Reading the ripple effect of this COVID 19 is a red flag!

I follow the Formula 1 car racing and in the last 4 days, the season opener in Australia scheduled for the 15th March was cancelled, Bahrain and Vietnam have been postponed indefinitely, China was already postponed. Now hopes of opening the season in May but it's by no means definite.

F1 is perhaps the most expensive traveling show in the world. It's costing manufacturers and the FIA a fortune and creating up to 300,000 pissed off fans at each weekend, many of whom travel across the oceans to see the spectacle. I know it's not the most popular sport in the U.S. but it's worth a fortune in revenue and right now, the season looks pretty bleak.

RR
Old 03-16-2020, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

On the bright side it gives other teams a chance to come up with a response to the latest "innovation" by the Mercedes Benz team that is already outlawed in 2021. This season is/was shaping up as another boring MB runaway season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.