Notices

cheap stocks

Old 04-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I gave up believing the media some time back in the 80s,
a school bus was involved in a accident and it caught on fire,they were blaming GM for the fuel tank location,so the media recreated the accident and then they were caught and force to apologize because GM did there own test and slowed down the medias video, and you can clearly see a guy throwing gas on the truck as the car t boned the bus.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 4,314 Likes on 1,241 Posts

A picture is worth a thousand words .
Old 04-03-2020, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 589 Likes on 240 Posts

Whatever.

I lived through the real estate crash of 2008 in SW Florida .

Both Ex wife and I were real estate appraisers . Ex wife knocking out 40 a week on her own in the heyday.

My dad being a 50 year residential and commercial developer and contractor preached to us for a year that the market Cannot sustain .

When it crashed down here it was like a game of musical chairs. The next day there was one less chair and the value of your house for sale just went down another couple thousand.

I know everyone is going to say that was all because of easing lending and subprime loans, which it was.

The Stock Market is propped up by?

So what I am getting at is many people bought into our housing market when it crashed 30-40% and thought they got a steal.

Problem is it was 4-500% overvalued to begin with.

If my calculations are right which they are most likely not, 2.5 trillion in wealth Evaporated in the market the past couple weeks.

Where are all the dollars going to come back from to Prop the market back up?

There are Prudent retired people putting many things on hold because of their market losses ,retirement vacation homes,rvs ,yacht orders.

It could easily come down another 5000, remember where it was 3 years ago and that is your true base line, everything after that is just Fluff.

Best Quote on this thread
“Don’t Bet Money you cant afford to Lose”

If I owned large tracts of C-3 commercial real estate I would be chitting my pants right now. It was hanging on by a thread the last few years as it was.

Investment firms were buying up Chit like we just sold of my fathers because their cash would get a Solid 15-20 % return.

Tenants were hanging on by a thread here in Naples Florida in a prime location.

Dad and brothers blew out a 50 thousand sq foot mall on 28th st in gr Michigan they built back in the late 80s in 2002.

That has changed hands many times since than.

The many investment syndicates believed it was a steal and could not fail.

Retail is dead and storefront businesses is Iffy at best.

Last edited by tommymonza; 04-03-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by open87
About Event 201, a high-level pandemic exercise on October 18, 2019 This took place in October 19'

The next severe pandemic will not only cause great illness and loss of life but could also trigger major cascading economic and societal consequences that could contribute greatly to global impact and suffering. The Event 201 pandemic exercise, conducted on October 18, 2019, vividly demonstrated a number of these important gaps in pandemic preparedness as well as some of the elements of the solutions between the public and private sectors that will be needed to fill them. The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, World Economic Forum, and Bill & Melinda Gates

Anyone remember hearing about this ?? I sure as hell didn't..

Now Gates crowing that we need to shut everyone down??huh??

Dr Fuchi -March 26 “Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%)”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

So why is he not saying this to the public on the tv?

A good number of ordinary people casing hospitals all over America posting video of literally nothing going on - on utube.

Business owner I know - His wife works in laboratory at one of the larger hospitals here -they cut her hours. -Wait what!?!!?

Not saying that the invisible germ isn't real , but as a rational thinking person , some things just are not adding up.......
All elective surgery and non critical office visits here have been canceled. Take out all the joint replacements, belly bands, boob jobs, and such along with the unnecessary tests and visits that are scheduled for the placebo effect or to just plain pad the pockets of the healthy care system and it has a major impact.

https://www.businessinsider.com/econ...-nurses-2020-3

Old 04-03-2020, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

https://www.katc.com/news/local-news...ting-next-week

So , I am supposed to believe that the invisible boogie man is here with a vengeance , but here in Lafayette, they closing down testing to every other day to protect healthcare workers?? and , and , that for "what may be" coming in the weeks ahead...GTFOH!

SHELTER IN PLACE they yell on the news ,online ...

Our small Body Shop of 8 will be toast soon.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Whatever.

I lived through the real estate crash of 2008 in SW Florida .

Both Ex wife and I were real estate appraisers . Ex wife knocking out 40 a week on her own in the heyday.

My dad being a 50 year residential and commercial developer and contractor preached to us for a year that the market Cannot sustain .

When it crashed down here it was like a game of musical chairs. The next day there was one less chair and the value of your house for sale just went down another couple thousand.

I know everyone is going to say that was all because of easing lending and subprime loans, which it was.

The Stock Market is propped up by?

So what I am getting at is many people bought into our housing market when it crashed 30-40% and thought they got a steal.

Problem is it was 4-500% overvalued to begin with.

If my calculations are right which they are most likely not, 2.5 trillion in wealth Evaporated in the market the past couple weeks.

Where are all the dollars going to come back from to Prop the market back up?

There are Prudent retired people putting many things on hold because of their market losses ,retirement vacation homes,rvs ,yacht orders.

It could easily come down another 5000, remember where it was 3 years ago and that is your true base line, everything after that is just Fluff.

Best Quote on this thread
“Don’t Bet Money you cant afford to Lose”

If I owned large tracts of C-3 commercial real estate I would be chitting my pants right now. It was hanging on by a thread the last few years as it was.

Investment firms were buying up Chit like we just sold of my fathers because their cash would get a Solid 15-20 % return.

Tenants were hanging on by a thread here in Naples Florida in a prime location.

Dad and brothers blew out a 50 thousand sq foot mall on 28th st in gr Michigan they built back in the late 80s in 2002.

That has changed hands many times since than.

The many investment syndicates believed it was a steal and could not fail.

Retail is dead and storefront businesses is Iffy at best.

I'd say this is spot on^^^^^^ Warren Buffet is such a simple old guy (albeit 75+ billion strong).....He said this a few years back and it rings true every time something fails apart:

A nugget of wisdom that Warren Buffett has passed along more than once to Berkshire Hathaway investors is this: “You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out. ... Buffett used the line a year ago, for example, in reference to the follies of large financial institutions exposed by falling home prices.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

A picture is worth a thousand words .

Or a video............from a hurricane hype moment:

Old 04-04-2020, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 589 Likes on 240 Posts

These huge Fluctuations in the market are a perfect time to make large gains .

Never a better time to play shorts

Go for it.

I personally know someone who thought they could beat the market.

Over 10 years he lost 3 million plus lost his paid for home .

After my 50 year stock market seasoned father lost over a million in the stock market in 1 week back in the early 2000s my Mother called it Gambling.

Thats is when it Sunk in that that is all it is.

He had made 100 of thousands in the market back in the day when the Market had substance.

Substance?

The quote on here that many of the best stock
Analyst have never beat the 500 In a long term investment speaks a lot .

Thee most education enlightenment I learned in life was living with my world traveling Italian girlfriend

99% of Americans have no idea what is happening in the rest of the world much less outside their immediate area.

Last edited by tommymonza; 04-04-2020 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I'd say this is spot on^^^^^^ Warren Buffet is such a simple old guy (albeit 75+ billion strong).....He said this a few years back and it rings true every time something fails apart:

A nugget of wisdom that Warren Buffett has passed along more than once to Berkshire Hathaway investors is this: “You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out. ... Buffett used the line a year ago, for example, in reference to the follies of large financial institutions exposed by falling home prices.
I posted this response to a thread about big money boats a few months ago when the economy was overheated and got lectured about the responsible use of credit. Wonder what they are thinking now--LOL

If you can't afford to "write a check" you have no business buying toys that have no chance of holding value in a down market.

To quote Buffett: “Only when the tide goes out, you discover who’s been swimming naked.”
Old 04-04-2020, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Go fasts could be one of the best investments. Why are 2005+ Boats demanding so much 14 years later?

This world is built on a nude beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.