Notices

Opportunity

Old 03-25-2020, 02:42 AM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
Ive got an ozone generator at home. Used it multiple times to get smells out of the house after burning food or painting etc....used it plenty to take the funk out of a few cars in the past. The stuff works. I don't know how good it is against bacteria/viruses but i have read many of the same articles saying it kills them fast So i don't see why not use one. The one thing i will say is if you let it go too long and get the concentration up there then you can get some corrosion of cheap metals. I lent it to a buddy that had a mold problem in a bathroom. The machine i have does 10,000mg of ozone output and for small areas like a bathroom you only need it on for like 3-4 minutes. Instead of doing a few small rounds like they recommend, he just let the machine keep going for like an hour....it rusted all the hinges and screws on the vanity and medicine cabinet
I was using mine to sterilize various items before bringing them in the house. Truck has a camper top so I was using the bed area for the sterilization process. Noticed today a pair of Snap-on pliers laying in the bed got a complete coat of surface rust, grrrrrr. They've had 2 pretty strong treatments. By your recommendations, I went waay beyond.. Using same output gen as yours, I was setting timer for 20 mins then let it soak for a couple of hours. Figured better too much then not enough. Didn't notice any hardware rusting but I wasn't really looking. Guess I'll need a gizmo that measures ozone levels,, and maybe a better place to do it.

Found an older study abt using ozone and it's effectiveness killing enclosed and open viruses at 2 different humidity levels (40% and 90%). The higher the humidity, the more effective it was and was very effective on the enclosed viruses like covid-19. Study also found it didn't matter where in a room the test sample was located inferring complete area coverage.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

zz28zz - Covid-19 has a built in defense for below 20% and above 80% RH if you are trying to make it inactive try to hit that 50% range also you can just heat to 133F with a 50% RH and in a short time (30min) it's inactive.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood
And just that quickly things made an about face. Our governor set up a hotline for the working class that thought they were being unfairly classified by their employers.
Meeting at 11:00--mandatory work canceled and anyone free to leave immediately at the conclusion of the meeting. Sad to see that the monkeys running the circus have so little regard for the people on the front lines.
Yep- My distribution guy at Herman Miller called yesterday said the 3 trucks I was expecting Friday and next week are No GO. Said 3 weeks as per your Goddess Gov lol.
Wild for sure. Our Gov here in OK pretty much has done the same thing starting at Midnight tonight- told all Non Essential to go home for 3 weeks. OK has only a little over 100 cases in the whole dam State- Scare Mongers.

We will still be working until they start writing me tickets.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:59 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by zz28zz
I was using mine to sterilize various items before bringing them in the house. Truck has a camper top so I was using the bed area for the sterilization process. Noticed today a pair of Snap-on pliers laying in the bed got a complete coat of surface rust, grrrrrr. They've had 2 pretty strong treatments. By your recommendations, I went waay beyond.. Using same output gen as yours, I was setting timer for 20 mins then let it soak for a couple of hours. Figured better too much then not enough. Didn't notice any hardware rusting but I wasn't really looking. Guess I'll need a gizmo that measures ozone levels,, and maybe a better place to do it.

Found an older study abt using ozone and it's effectiveness killing enclosed and open viruses at 2 different humidity levels (40% and 90%). The higher the humidity, the more effective it was and was very effective on the enclosed viruses like covid-19. Study also found it didn't matter where in a room the test sample was located inferring complete area coverage.
From what i have read online thus far...they say it takes as little as 0.3ppm of ozone exposed for around 3min to kill most organisms. My machine has a small table of "suggested run times" based on sqft of the areas and they say to target 1 to 2 ppm of ozone and let it sit for an hour. I have read that after an hour it breaks back down to regular O2....so if the machine is too small and cant fill the area in an hours time then its pointless as the new ozone generated wont go any further then the stuff that's all ready breaking down.
I had a delivery of kitchen cabinets yesterday and wife is all ready freaked out about whats going go in the world and wanted to leave the cabinets in the garage for 3 days before bringing them in the house.....i want this project done so i made some plastic walls in the dining room after clearing it all out and had the delivery guys put all the boxes in there. I then ran the ozone machine for about 4min (based on the room size) and then we went for a walk around the neighborhood just to get some fresh air and break things up.....when we got home you could still smell some of the oxone but i was faint. Nothing that was bothering anyone....and she was ok with going forward with the project

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
How do you think the real estate market will be?
The Toronto commercial real estate market will come out okay. This will take a toll on our spring numbers, but still hopeful for a strong fall. Obviously, right now retail, office and hospitality are taking it on the chin, multifamily hasn't felt the impacts yet (although rent is due on the 1st), and industrial is appears to be the surprisingly resilient. I focus on apartments and have been on the phone everyday so far with clients, and most are seeing this as a 6 month issue and things being back to normal in 18 months. The reality is anyone who is opportunistic and has deep pockets will do well these next couple months, if you're leveraged to the hilt in sub prime areas, batten down the hatches and be read to start bailing.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
zz28zz - Covid-19 has a built in defense for below 20% and above 80% RH if you are trying to make it inactive try to hit that 50% range also you can just heat to 133F with a 50% RH and in a short time (30min) it's inactive.
First I've heard abt the 20% and 80% RH barriers. Happen to have a link? Thx!