Key West Races in ????? Hope Not >

Key West Races in ????? Hope Not

Notices

Key West Races in ????? Hope Not

Old 11-08-2002, 09:11 AM
JIM H
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend is leaving miami on the 21st on a cruise and the first stop is key west friday the 22nd 7am to 2pm
Old 11-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

John and I are going anyway. Hope this gets worked out.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:19 AM
Registered

move it to saturday,like s.b.i. did .the article says carnival has a set schedule,like this was not a know fact,poor planning on apba's part. nothing like the last minute,if i ran my business that way I'd be out of business.the 50,000 carinaval said they would have to pay there customers,imagine whatt a.p.b.a would have to pay the fans.boat hauling for stus run,airfare,etc.Alot of people i know planned on it and if it don't go off alot of people gone be out alot more.MAKE A SCHEDULE AND STICK TO IT,AND CONFIRMWITH THE TOWN YOU'RE RACIN ABOUT THE LOGISTICS. WAITING ON SARASOTA IN APRIL,POKER RUN

Last edited by outer42; 11-08-2002 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:45 PM
DJD
Registered

Do it on Saturday! It gives everyone a day to relax, get home or do whatever they like.
Every time we raced there on Saturdays, we would pack everything up Sat afternoon & let the driver go.
Sat night, a nice meal and a bottle of wine.
Sunday was for a nice massage, on the beach , under the palm trees with a few frozen rum drinks.
Then, off to the plane Sunday night or Mon a.m.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here it is again another A.P.B.A. screw-up. This is getting rather old. I'll be almost certain that the pro-A.P.B.A. following will be on my azz but, the fact remains poor planning and bad luck have played a pretty big part in their business. It would be a complete shame if the race is canceled because of something that could have been forseen at anytime. From my PERSONAL standpoint, it does not look as if the strongarm tactic works very well for a sport the is suppose to be about fun and entertainment.

Thanks

P.S. Hope I don't have to cancel my plans because of sanctioning
bodies lack of planning.

MY OPINION
Old 11-08-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up wanna bet?

I say the race goes off without a hitch! APBA or SBI - any organization has it's challenges - It's just hard to put on a offshore race! What other popular motorsport has to deal with cruise ships , manatees , weather issues , turtles and race on public water ways? Hang in there race fans - See ya in Key West! BH......... (For the love of the sport)
Old 11-08-2002, 08:03 PM
Registered

Race? You mean there is going to be a boat race the week that I'm going to Key West? Wholy ****, that's great. The same thing happened to SBI two years ago and we just jumped in the truck and went to Fort Zackery to watch the race, only thing is you can't take ANY alcohol into the park . If this does happen i'll take the boat out to turn three and watch from there . Better water out there anyway. It kinda sux for everyone that bought a hotel room planning on watching the race from the room, but two years ago when SBI ran into their trouble, the Ocean Key House called me and told me two months in advance that the boats would not be coming into the harbor, and if I wanted to cancell there would not be a penalty, and I haven't heard a word from the Key House, so..............Lets' ALL just have fun in Key West, so there's a boat race, that's just an added attraction
Robert
Old 11-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Mike J

Were Getting packed and Final finishing on the Boats.
Boats Leaving from SoCal Sunday
See Ya there.
Mike J.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Registered

MikeJ
I thought ya'll would want to race in those 35' seas that ya'll had out there? WoooooooooooHooooooooooo. and count to 35 beforew you land!
Robert
Old 11-09-2002, 03:52 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Looks like there will be 3 days of racing after all. Appears the parties involved have come to some sort of agreement and the Carnival ship will a V.I.P viewing area for the military ,gov't and celebrities. Works for me !!

Quick Reply: Key West Races in ????? Hope Not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.