Notices

Avanti Boats in N.J.?

Old 11-12-2002, 10:15 AM
Zitto111

DMHOJ,
Before you deal with Dennis and Avanti, Contact the Burlington County Office of Consumer Affairs. There are numerous complaints agianst them. Also have a good lawyer. Ask other marinas in the Jersey area, they will all say the same thing.

Old 11-13-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dmhoj True I should use my spell check a little more but that does not change the fact that there is a thing called boating etiquette and on a hole it is found on this boad.That is where the love of the water meets the love of performance brings us together in a manner that all are welcome no matter what you bring.I will say that I have only talked to Dennis at Avanti three times and he came off a bit ruff at first.I am sure that all manufactures have some kind of come back problem sometime or another and how they deal with it shows there commitment to there product and customer .This maybe Dennis's weak link to his boats but for his boats I think I stand clear.In the matter of bashing I still feel that this is where you were headed and not truly looking into his product.Once again I will ask you what type of boat do you have and are you proud of all the hard work or the money you have put into it?If you do that's great have lots of fun.If you don't then maybe you should so you to can join the ranks of the proud!

Last edited by FloridianSon; 11-13-2002 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Registered

i own a 1991 33' avanti and have owned the boat for 7 years, orig. power was 454 365 mag. it has been repowered with twin s/c 725 hp motors built by pro roc marine. the only problems i ever had was the bottom had a hook in it a bad one, and the customer service is the worst. last month the boat sank at my dock due to faulty seal around the exhaust. the insurance is totaling the boat now.. would i buy another avanti ?? NO, not untill cust service is improved, avanti is holding my claim up waiting for a cost of replacement.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:17 PM
Registered

Lukiepal Sorry to read about all the proplems and hope all works to your favor.So a 33' sweet do you have any pics posted? James
Old 11-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

click on the kcwalls.com/paulsboat ill post pic. of the boat under water after the ins settlement
Old 11-14-2002, 02:53 PM
dmhoj

FloridianSon
I drive by the Avanti "factory" a few times a week. I have never done any business with them. I merely asked the question, if you re-read my first post, I had asked if anybody had any information on these boats. With this being such a huge network of Performance Boating Enthusiasts from all over the country & the world, (that I am relatively new to myself) I wanted to see the concensus about Avanti for myself. Dennis is lucky to have an owner such as yourself to back his product so proudly. It seems that they are few & far between. As far as what type of boat that I have the answer is none. It has been almost two months since my Donzi & I have parted ways. If all goes well, by the time the spring arrives & Santa is good to me, I'll have anything but an "Avanti" under my tree.

Old 11-14-2002, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well If Sharky laid up these hulls and pick out good molds
Id buy one, but rigging can be tricky
Old 11-14-2002, 05:55 PM
BJM
Registered

Floridianson
Is that a Grateful Dead skull on the back of your boat? It sure looks like the top of one.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

Hi guys,
I've had my 85 22' Avanti for the past 10 years. Its been a good boat. It is rigged with a 454, velvet drive and an Arneson surface drive. For the size, it rides great. Fellow boat owners are surprised at how well it rides and takes the chop. It has a 24degree dead rise and stand up bolsters. I have had 0 problems with it. It is a good looking boat - and yes it takes many styling cues from the cigarette. In my opinion the boat is comparable to a baja or checkmate but offers more individuality since you do not see many of them on the water or at the docks.
If not for just buying a larger Pantera I would probably be keeping the Avanti for many more years.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Dmhoj Sorry if I was reading you wrong but once a year I like to dress up and act like an 100% ******* and the rest of the year I 'm more comfortable at 99%. BJM yes it's a dead sticker. I can't believe the eyes on some of you guys

Last edited by FloridianSon; 11-21-2002 at 12:23 PM.