Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
39 Cigarette GTS or 39 NorTech Sport >

39 Cigarette GTS or 39 NorTech Sport

Notices

39 Cigarette GTS or 39 NorTech Sport

Old 04-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Two amazing boats to consider. With your location, having Nor-Tech in your backyard might be a bonus. However, Cig is just across Alligator Alley, so. . .
Old 04-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Can’t speak for the Cigarette but I’ve spent lots of time on Nortechs. One thing I would definitely want on the Nortech would be the 2nd row bolsters, side entrance door and the extended top.

Since I fish mine, I definitely wanted all the extra space in the back. The 2nd row definitely steals a lot of real estate so I opted against it. However, it is a pretty sweet cruising/poker run set up. My cooler slides out and you can sit facing bow (not a full view) or facing aft but at least you're comfy and protected. The XL hard top is a must!. Dive door is standard on 39+
Old 04-11-2020, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

I like the sheer line of the cig. They look great in the water.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

I like both boats but for whatever reason the Cig center consoles seem to sit in the resale market longer than the Nortechs. Which is the total opposite of the performance boats where Cig resale is about the best out there.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 73 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree on the cigs sitting longer. Some of it is there are far fewer cigarettes, so when someone wants to sell, they are putting an over inflated price on them. I bought mine right, and I’ll sell it right, but only if I can grab something wholesale. I’m a firm believer, if you want to sell, do whatever it takes to make it go away. I sold my Sonic, for the price of the 1100’s, and never looked back .
Old 04-12-2020, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I like both boats but for whatever reason the Cig center consoles seem to sit in the resale market longer than the Nortechs. Which is the total opposite of the performance boats where Cig resale is about the best out there.
They are overpriced and there is tons of competition. I bet the Cic CCs have bad depreciation. Both brands are pricy, there’s a lot of other stuff out there.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
In the market to purchase a center council boat for my place in fort myers beach.
Any advice on the pluses or minuses on a 39 NorTech or Cigarette would be appreciated.

Here’s a few links to possible boats I’m looking at.

cigarette

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...rs-o77142.html

https://www.lipship.com/used_boats/view/115

nortech

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/201...nsole-3642106/

https://www.americancustommarine.com...8074-10474395i
I have a 39 NT and keep it in Ft. Myers / Cape Coral area this winter, they are literally everywhere when you are out running around the waterways down there. I love my boat and the only reason I want to sell it one day would be to buy a newer one!!
I have rode in a 39 GTS, seems bigger and not as fast as a 39 NT but it could of been the one I was on.
Both are great boats and of the 4 links above they are all super nice boats.
Good Luck with your search.

-Patrick

Old 04-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

GatorMD,
Beautiful NT, love the colors and your option list....
Really off the wall question do you have an option when building what side the dive door can go on?
Thanks and enjoy it!!

-Patrick
Old 04-12-2020, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
GatorMD,
Beautiful NT, love the colors and your option list....
Really off the wall question do you have an option when building what side the dive door can go on?
Thanks and enjoy it!!

-Patrick
Unfortunately not, I would’ve gone with two doors if that was the case! Dive door is great at sandbars and fishing. Especially with the clubsport seating (full aft bench) it’s convenient to have. The other aft seating options have a walk way to the transom. I however wanted to take full advantage of seating and it’s very comfortable. I had Trond build me the clubsport with a livewell underneath, it was their first one and works great. When it comes to “hidden fish package” I think it’s more accurate than ever. I’ll try and get some pictures next time I go out to show how versatile it is. I have plenty of rod holders, livewell, outriggers, 4 electric reel outlets, autoPilot, radar. I mean. Sure, I don’t have 100 rod holders like a Freeman or 392 Nortech but, I don’t have or plan on purchasing 100rod/reel combos lol.

as many have stated. Both great boats. I think resale for NT is much higher and overall suited my needs. Cigarette however, does carry the heritage.

Last edited by GatorMD; 04-12-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

I think the OP buying a boat for the SW Coast of Florida and having NT there would be ideal. I also think NT's can be sold to the fishing crowd, the Cig offerings can't which is likely why they take longer to sell used. Cig also took longer to perfect their CC, the original Top Fish idea (wide beam) wasn't as popular as the newer GTS narrow beam.

I could care less about fishing but love the NT 39 with the dual bolsters/triple 400s and the longer t-top. I walked on the 45 when it first came out and while it is stunning, it isn't worth over double the money as a 39 triple boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.