New York Marinas and boat launch >

New York Marinas and boat launch

Notices

New York Marinas and boat launch

Old 04-13-2020, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts
Default New York Marinas and boat launch

New York Marinas and boat launch's are deemed non-essential by Governor. Gonna make it hard to get any boating in. Friday I took a ride around my lake (Chautauqua) and while the Marinas were closed public ramps seemed to be open even the one at the state park. This news just came out last week so maybe they haven't had a chance to close them yet. I keep my boat on a lift in front of the house but neither dock or boat is in yet.

Has anyone seen any NY boat ramps closed???
https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...-shutdown.html

Padraig

Old 04-13-2020, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

Cant say for your area but an hour from me they closed the ramps last week... does not look to good for an early start!

Plus, not working for a month and even more than that in quebec, will certainly catch many boaters... chances are many boats stays on trailer or at the dock this year! If even they go in the water!
Old 04-14-2020, 05:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

The public launch ramp down the street from me on the Genesee River (leading to Lake Ontario) is all taped off like a crime scene. I'm sure they'll open it just in time to shut it down again due to high water.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have 5 boats, 2 motorcycles, and 12 cars in my warehouse for winter storage. Normally by this time I would be empty and so far only 2 have inquired about taking anything out

Received Notice from marina saying that they don't know if or when they will have permission to open but notwithstanding the deposit money sent in January they will not require payment of balance for this season until they open ( if )
Old 04-15-2020, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

At one time I liked the NY top dog Andrew C now just disruption and TV star ?? He says you can't golf but say your jogging to sneak on the course ?? WTF! Does he pay for your lawyer??Open ramps mandate distance!
Old 04-16-2020, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The ramp at the foot of Sheridan Dr in Tonawanda NY (leading to the upper Niagara river) has been barricaded. I haven't checked out the other public ramps yet.

Ryan
Old 04-16-2020, 06:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballistic Beak
The ramp at the foot of Sheridan Dr in Tonawanda NY (leading to the upper Niagara river) has been barricaded. I haven't checked out the other public ramps yet.

Ryan
are you talking about the ramp where the boat races were held?
Old 04-16-2020, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

My local village dock on Chautauqua Lake is still open although the dock has not been put in so can be used but awkward. I may take a drive to the State Park and see if there ramp and docks are still open. I wish my boat was out of storage.

Padraig
Old 04-16-2020, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

It snowed today in upstate NY. The State Launches and Town Launches are closed on Cayuga Lake.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 446 Likes on 244 Posts

Its easy to complain but the truth is the great lakes are very cold (hard on engines and deadly if something happens) this time of year yesterdays water temp off Oswego was 38-42 degrees and there is very few speed boats around here everything has transitioned to fishing and boy are they complaining not the older folks but the younger ones!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.