Donzi 38 rx or Baja 38 Special? >

Donzi 38 rx or Baja 38 Special?

Notices

Donzi 38 rx or Baja 38 Special?

Old 05-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferdi
Congrats! Both boats look amazing and are as practical as you're going to get for performance boating.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
So much baja hate.
I like the lines of the baja better and the cockpit blows the Donzi away.

That Baja looks like Gonzos nose....hard pass on any good looks there.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
General question? Donzi all day. Those two specific boats? Donzi has fresh antifoul so it's been wet stored and obviously continues be wet stored. Need to survey for condition of sterndrives, water intrusion (rot), osmosis etc.

Donzi is probably still the preference but it may cost you plenty to get it looking really nice.

RR
No, it's been 2 years that the boat has not turned, the boat seems in a very good condition, according to you, in terms of engines, what would be the things that I should check, this boat is equipped with system that removes all the salt from the cooling system.
It has 330 hours.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferdi
No, it's been 2 years that the boat has not turned, the boat seems in a very good condition, according to you, in terms of engines, what would be the things that I should check, this boat is equipped with system that removes all the salt from the cooling system.
It has 330 hours.
I'm not a mechanic so this is a pretty general answer.
In your first post, you said it was "recently antifouled" so I assumed it was kept in the water. With drives in the water, you can get a lot of corrosion on anything metal. Check all trim rams, any moving parts and also look for marine growth, like barnacles, which can damage the bellows.

If the engines are fresh water cooled (closed cooling) they're pretty safe but you still need to check things like the elbows/risers and exhaust for corrosion. Probably not a big deal but everything needs maintenance and if it's kept in the water, especially salt water, it needs a bit more attention.

Love the Donzi, hope everything goes well.

RR

P.S. Don't worry about your English, it's very good and a lot better than my French!