Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating movies and shows..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/366344-boating-movies-shows.html)

Twin O/B Sonic 05-14-2020 08:17 PM

Boating movies and shows.....

Probably already a thread on this but haven’t seen it.

Thought w/what’s going on now....., might be a good time to list shows to watch that make us all smile.

It’s purely coincidence but mine are all Keys related based on my bro-in law turning me on to the latest.

#1. Key Largo.

Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.
Filmed in Key Key Largo at the Caribbean Club.
Interesting tid bitt is, Key Largo wasn’t named Key Largo until after this movie w/the that name was filmed there.

#2. Blood and Wine.

Jack Nicholson and Michael Caine.
Shot between Miami and Key Largo But ends up at the Caribbean Club in Key Largo.
Where their house boat is tied at dock at the Caribbean Club, we spent 2 nights tied st that exact dock.

One weekend anchored there on the Sonic, the bar tenders told me they were in the movie.
Said Caine was too drunk to drive in his scenes and they did instead.

Also said he was hitting on Nicholson's wife/girlfriend the whole time.

#3. Bloodline.

The one I owe to my bro-in-law.
Its a mini series rerun we’re watching.
Cool thing about this one is, it’s written about being in the Keys instead of filming there and pretending it’s somewhere else.
Weve already recognized the Ocean View bar in Islamorada and the Caribbean Club in Key Largo and were only on episode 3 on this one.

Hope yall enjoy.

MyIsland 05-14-2020 10:23 PM

I throw out some Elvis..... Clambake. 🚤

Alwhite00 05-15-2020 07:34 AM

Speed kills. Lol

rak rua 05-15-2020 08:36 AM

Been a bad week on the Aussie share market for me, OSO is my refuge.
This thread and the market has got me thinking 'The Poseiden Adventure'.

Aside from almost any boating scene from Baywatch, you gotta love Rodney Dangerfield. (Also features a nice cameo by Cigarette in the background)

RR

resurrected 05-15-2020 10:13 AM

Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn - African Queen
Not a fast and loud boat, but a classic movie

thirdchildhood 05-15-2020 10:18 AM

One of my favorites is called "Madison." It's about unlimited hydroplane racing and is a boat movie through and through, not just a movie with some boating. It's also family appropriate.

Twin O/B Sonic 05-15-2020 10:29 AM

Forgot about that Elvis movie.
Plays a water ski instructor that only teaches hotties, builds and raced his own boats and they show a race that is at Miami Marine Stadium.

Ive seen and liked the Madison movie.
True story of Madison Indiana owing their own Unlimited team.

I have a boating bud that brings a video of Captain Ron w/him on his boat every time we go to Lake Erie.
His favorite part is where Ron (Kurt Russel) docks his 40’-ish sail boat at 10 mph sideways, perfect then walks off the boat onto the dock like it was nothing.

African Queen was my pops favorite movie.
That actual boat is actually in Svc giving tours in Key Largo or Islamorada.

RR, you don’t lose if you don’t sell 😂
Says the guy that’s afraid to and has not looked at his 401k since this **** started.

offshore312 05-15-2020 11:35 AM

Father Goose - WWII with Cary Grant
Donovan's Reef - John Wayne

resurrected 05-15-2020 12:09 PM

McHale's Navy - lots of HP!

flashgordon 05-15-2020 12:56 PM

SPEED KILLS...!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloodline ...also good series

how about some miami vice scenes??

yes,,,loving this rain, last week it was SNOW !!!!!
and loving the ^$#^*ing governor witch...two more weeks of stay at home,
but i must say , just ran down to toledo to get outdrive,,and 75 was pretty crowded,,