Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cheapest way of increasing performance ( best value) >

Cheapest way of increasing performance ( best value)

Notices

Cheapest way of increasing performance ( best value)

Old 05-28-2020, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
There are 22 sexes documented now. I didn’t want to be sexist.
Yer a mean man
The following users liked this post:
SB (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Sell your reliable setup, un modified. Someone will want a turn key family boat to get into boating. Then determine what you want to spend, and find a faster hull that meets the criteria. If you invest money into the Nova, you will never, ever be ahead. I am sure you will get the same response from just about everyone here on offshore.

Things to think about.....if you swap motors, next year you will want to fix interior, then touch up paint. You will find that the new HP isn't loved by your old drive, and then you will be pretty much rebuilding the Nova XL. And then you will have a really nice Nova XL, with a ton of money into it.......but it will still only be worth what a Nova XL brings money wise....it won't be the leaps and bounds and $ that you dumped into it.

Sell and buy a faster boat with the power and speed you are looking for ....you will be waaayyyyyyyyyy ahead

Best advise here! For over three decades I have chased the better number on the speedo. Poured money into the ride I had, purchased another to get there. I have been lucky both ways, made some serious gains both ways. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My Opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the only sure fire way that you can be sure you will go Faster, or as Fast as you want to go is to part with what you have and buy a boat that does what you want out of the box. Not saying that one is wrong to upgrade one's boat, lots of personal satisfaction and pride in the achievement.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (05-29-2020)