Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BUP banned? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/366768-bup-banned.html)

Mentalpause 06-10-2020 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jhonster (Post 4743031)
bump

funny:coolcowboy:

boostbros 06-10-2020 09:31 PM

i run Linux mint and i do not have any adds or pop ups BUP made the tech stuff interesting i,m a wrench also so its good to learn tricks and what to look for on various engines

gotstreetracin 06-12-2020 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR (Post 4742926)
It seems like Facebook has been taking users away from forums for quite some time. Forums like these definitely need every dedicated user they can keep. As mentioned earlier, forums definitely need every user that generates relevant content as well. I love seeing the Outerlimits and Statement posts, but let's be real...I'll never be posting about my new OL. But...I'll definitely be reading BUP walking someone through their 496 HO being moody. The forum owners feel like he's taking money away with his posting and I get it. What they fail to think about is the value of a user making content that others want to view. That kind of content is what keeps people coming back.

Facebook killed forums, BUP is on there also, only problem is you have to sift through all of the crap from people who don't know which end of a screwdriver to use and try and give advice.

phragle 06-12-2020 08:27 PM

Run AdBlock plus, you wont see those annoying ads....

Eddienel 06-13-2020 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by gotstreetracin (Post 4743326)
facebook killed forums, bup is on there also, only problem is you have to sift through all of the crap from people who don't know which end of a screwdriver to use and try and give advice.

so true!!!

Indy 06-13-2020 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 4743331)
Run AdBlock plus, you wont see those annoying ads....

Or use Opera browser

Interceptor 06-14-2020 09:30 AM

BUP banned, thread transitions to Ad blocked recommendations.

phragle 06-14-2020 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 4743481)
BUP banned, thread transitions to Ad blocked recommendations.

Like no thread on OSO has ever taken an abrupt left turn before....

speicher lane 06-14-2020 11:23 AM

Is it just me or is the viewer and thread count gone WAY down in the last week+ right across OSO?

Normally I can log in and check on a full page plus of new posts and as of late, it is only a small handful - with only a few of personal interest enough to click on..... just an observation.

Eddienel 06-14-2020 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 4743490)
Like no thread on OSO has ever taken an abrupt left turn before....

Emphasise on left...