Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BUP banned? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/366768-bup-banned.html)

Indy 06-14-2020 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 4743493)
Is it just me or is the viewer and thread count gone WAY down in the last week+?

I think everyone's had their say now it's getting stale. Should probably start a new Darr thread to liven things up again.

Tractionless 06-14-2020 03:48 PM

#BUPMatters!

xlint89 06-14-2020 10:30 PM

New guy here. I ended up visiting the site because many of the answers to questions I had pointed to threads on here. BUP chimed in on a few Q's I had with great detail.

It was because of his free advice and other's recommendations that I felt I should contact him when I needed something.

He actually called me yesterday to see how a custom set of spark plug wires fit on my engine. While I had him on the line I asked him about 2 other things in which he had no problem answering . Who does that?

I understand the paying advertisers concerns and all, but I don't even know who they are or what they sell/do. (as I write this there is a Jeep ad to the right of the screen, what does that have to do with performance boating?)

In the biker world, there's a saying: $20k and 20 miles doesn't make you a biker. Just because they pay the advertisers fees doesn't mean they're going to automatically get the business. Quality parts at reasonable prices with great customer service will get mine.

Sorry, not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. Just letting you know how I see it.

Griff 06-15-2020 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by xlint89 (Post 4743558)
He actually called me yesterday to see how a custom set of spark plug wires fit on my engine. While I had him on the line I asked him about 2 other things in which he had no problem answering . Who does that?
Sorry, not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. Just letting you know how I see it.

Did you learn about his custom plug wires that you purchased here on OSO??

PA.WOODCHUCK 06-15-2020 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 4743564)

what's the story on "custom plug wires"?

jvthundercat 06-15-2020 09:22 AM

Well I never post much, been here for a long time, know some of the people, etc. I pay 75 a year just to buy stuff......If I was supporting a business, that 500 I would pay in a drop of a hat.
New shop is going up in the next few weeks. So maybe by fall I get put more of my money where my mouth is.
This all will be just as a "hobby" of course, as my employer at this time, does not allow one to own a "Business".
Did not really deal with BUP, but it sounds like the 500 would have been a steal. He should have at least paid the 75 as it might have at least been seen in better light.

I don't expect much for FREE in this world, in fact I would rather pay so I do have a right to bi tch about stuff.
Note: can I get my Tee **** faster this time? It is ironic I ran into this thread two minutes after I renewed....lol

Eddienel 06-15-2020 02:26 PM

Omg! I see The Niger! I was like what the heck is this dude talking about and there it is. Wow!!!

xlint89 06-15-2020 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 4743564)

No. There was a flyer in the shipping box when my fuel injectors were returned.

After he explained what to look out for during the injector installation I asked about the wires since I was also needing to do a tune up on the new to me boat. .

Griff 06-15-2020 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by xlint89 (Post 4743734)
No. There was a flyer in the shipping box when my fuel injectors were returned.

After he explained what to look out for during the injector installation I asked about the wires since I was also needing to do a tune up on the new to me boat. .

And you learned about his fuel injector service on OSO ???

NautiSouth 06-16-2020 05:46 AM

I'm a (new) performance marine business owner. Can OSO show me what value I would be getting with a commercial membership? Some things I'd like to see:
- OSO's forum membership grew by x.x% over last year
- Forum members that log on at least once a week has increased by x.x% over last year
- Here are the 500 most-searched terms on OSO, to help you with SEO on your own website
- OSO has unveiled 'Plan _________' focused on engaging current members and signing new ones. 'Plan _________' has a goal of x.x% membership growth over the next year, and we're targeting performance boat owners with a yearly spend of $xx.x thousand on their boats.
- OSO's member estimated net worth averages $xxx.x million
- OSO has implemented a vendor suggestion window. Through recognizing keywords in forum questions, members are directed toward your business via _____.
- OSO appears at the top of a Google search for these terms: _________

These are the kinds of things I'd like to see. To me as a newcomer, OSO looks like a captive audience. I want to see growth and a plan to grow more, quality, engaged members with money to spend. Just as my customers want good value, I too want good value from OSO if I am to enroll as a commercial member.