Cigarette Bullet Kiekhaefer hatch pump problems on Cigarette Bullet >

Cigarette Bullet Kiekhaefer hatch pump problems on Cigarette Bullet

Notices

Cigarette Bullet Kiekhaefer hatch pump problems on Cigarette Bullet

Old 06-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kiekhaefer hatch pump problems on Cigarette Bullet

I have a Cigarette Bullet and the engine hatch has been having issue going up. Usually the solenoid clicks and the motor runs but the hatch doesn’t move for first few times then if I let it sit for a minute it of two it will go on up. I thought it might be low on fluid. I got access to the plastic cap/dipstick on the side of the pump and added some fluid to the full mark on the dipstick with the ram extended. Now the ram doesnt go up or down. Does anyone see a flaw in my process? Does the system need to be bled? Thanks

Last edited by Steve888; 06-28-2020 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 373 Likes on 139 Posts

Did you leave the cap a little loose so that the pump can vent. and you check the fluid with the ram in the closed position.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Archer
Did you leave the cap a little loose so that the pump can vent. and you check the fluid with the ram in the closed position.
thanks for the reply. I did leave the cap loose for it to vent. Now the motor seems to run as normal if I select down, but the hatch does not move and it seems to be working hard when I select up, but doesn’t move that way either.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:09 PM
Registered

A small update. I cracked the line on the pump to let the hatch come down. Once I got the hatch down I checked the fluid level and filled it to the desired level. I then ran the hatch up and it went up with no problem but will not come down. Do I have an air lock of sorts? If so is there procedure to clear it? Thanks