Berry Cuda hauled ass
Bacardi Hauled ass
Hoggie Hauled ass
Bad Boy hauled ass
Firewater hauled ass
Rio Roses hauled ass
Deep V Cats hauled ass
Offshore only hauled ass

Pier 57 apparently took on water and had a very busy starboard side bilge pump at the end of the race. Probably hit a mutant blue claw crab.

Bacardi had problems, fixed something, and after the race went back out and hauled ass.

Goddess was damaged hursday, and patched sufficiently to haul ass today.

Bandit just seemed to have some bad luck, or didn't wash the parts, or tools, or anything else they borrowed from the Muscle team (I told them so...)

Thanks to Mr. Carbonell for bringing this event into an area otherwise devoid of sanctioned motorsports, boating or otherwise. And thanks to the nice lady, Mrs Pat, that seemed to be the person that kept it all together and running smoothly.

Thanks to Kurt Berger of Bandit, Diamond Dave Branch of Muscle, Doug and Robert of Bankbeaters, and all team members, for being really cool.

The Jersey boys are definitely a class act, and I sincerely hope to see Y'ALL (Youz guys) in New Orleans next year!

Hoggie is now a local boat- OBOY!

Pictures are forthcoming- I took about 120- Gotta go!

Bulldog aka Ronnie
Old 11-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excellent venue. excellent racing. i hope they keep it in nawlins. gotta love nawlins.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:32 AM
Registered

Did anyone see my liver by any chance? It's either on Bourbon Street or at Jaeger's in the West End. That party Friday night was incredible. I have to second what Bulldog says. Everyone was great and John did a great job. Can't wait to watch it on the OLN network Dec 7th. I have a ton of pics I'll post as well. Now I have 5 days to dry out before heading to Key West. Can't wait for that.

Shawn
Old 11-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jersey Boyz

Bulldog,

Hope you can make it to Jersey next season to catch some OPA races..

We'd love to have you..

Marty
Old 11-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dredgeking
excellent venue. excellent racing. i hope they keep it in nawlins. gotta love nawlins.
Saturday, we took my buddy's boat out and played on the lake, ran across the lake to the Mandeville Yacht Club and later ended up at Jaeger's. We were heading out for another spin on the lake when fate intervened by having the motor sling a water pump belt. (No damage and an easy fix in the A.M.)

We made it to Margaritaville, and met up with some friends from San Antonio. I think that is when Cashbrain and Mama Tryed called. We will catch you guys next year.

Sunday, we watched the first race from the deck at Joe's Crab Shack. (Moving a little slow to get out of the harbor before it closed.) Saw the second race from the water, tied off to a MUCH bigger boat.

After the race, we tied up at Jaeger's for a bite, and then went for a short cruise. During this cruise, we had the pleasure of doing a leisurely 65mph or so, when Bacardi came out and passed us like we were looking for a place to anchor.

Cashbrain -- I think I know what your problem was. When I saw you, you were WAY too sober. Thanks for scoring us the yacht tour. Pretty neat. That was the prettiest girl I have had elbow me in the chest in a long time.

And a special thanks to MamaTryed (and Mama, of course) for the ride to the party. I think I accidently ended up with one of the glasses from your limo. I'll mail it to you if you like. Any time you guys wanna come down, let me know -- especially if you want to bring the boat.

AWESOME TRIP. (Glad I passed on the VIP passes, though.)
Old 11-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

Great Races guys & gals
Enjoyed the races very much. Came from Prairieville by boat on Wed., met Doug & Betty aka Pure Adrenaline...very nice folks. Partied @ Jaeger's and the marina that night Watched the races from the pits breakwall on Thur., very close to the racing!
Back home Thur.evening, back on Sat. by boat in drizzle. Races weren't as close to shore on Sun., but still great. Racers/crews were all very friendly, and glad to answer any questions. Ready to go again