Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year?? >

OT: Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year??

Notices

OT: Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year??

Old 11-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OT: Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year??

Well, I got my first deer. With my truck. Fortunately for me the guy about 4 cars ahead hit it first (about 100 yds ahead of me). Happened Monday morning on the way to work at 4:30 a.m. Dark area of the freeway with a deer run going over it. Often see dead deer here. Between Hudsonville and Zeeland, right near Black Creek. Sad thing is, this was a trophy buck, huge rack.

Anyway, the guy ahead of me hits it pretty hard but doesn't kill it. I have no idea where it went (at this point, I'm not exactly sure what's going on ahead of me but I'm on the binders for sure!!). Then the guy directly in front of me makes a hard swerve into the right lane and there in front of me is this HUGE buck, front legs kicking at the pavement trying to get back on his feet. ****!!!! I'm, still doing about 70 mph. I am faced with side swiping the guy who just changed lanes to my right, hitting the deer, or heading into one of those edge-of-the-world ditches on my left. Venison it is!!! He managed to sit up more or less (guessing his back was broke since his rear legs weren't moving), looked right at my oncoming dodge, and took my licence plate square in the snout. At least I know I put him out of his missery. And all I have to show for it was a little blood on the plate and a lot of fur on the U-joints and rear differential. That's it. I expected to find horns in my grill. Antifreeze running out of the radioator. I hit this thing HARD. Made an awful racket going under my truck. The guy who hit it first was not so lucky.......right headight and front quarter panal was toast from what I could see as I went by him. All this happened in about 5 seconds.....seemed to take 5 minutes. I honestly saw this deer sit up and look right at me. Oh well, if you cant Dodge it, Ram it. Thank God for tall trucks and oversized tires!!! Could have been a LOT worse.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how about a bull and a box truck... just imagine it!

Happened to a friend of mine... The bull lived, and the side of his truck was MESSED UP(he hit it on the side)
Old 11-12-2002, 12:16 AM
jafo272

2 months ago I creamed a 6 point in my 2002 crew cab, bumper, grill, headlight, fender, and nicked the hood. One week later I hit another in my 1979 3/4 ton and man I really creamed this one so hard that I broke his rack off, all I got this time was a small crease in the bumper. Sure dont make them like they used to!

Old 11-12-2002, 07:39 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Several years ago a friend of mine nailed one in his Monte Carlo. I was over at another friend's watching football and having a cold one when he showed up with the deer in his trunk. Being the fanatical hunter that he is, I could not resist asking him how many lanes of traffic he had to cross to bag this one (his third)! Of course, the next spring at the Kentucky Derby there was a horse entered that was named "Triple Buck".
Old 11-12-2002, 08:02 AM
Registered

I was truely disturbed when I realized the other night that no one seems to pay attention to the road. I live on a 35 mph road that is well lit but it is a long straight road that everyone speeds on. anyways a doe got hit the other night. I heard it from inside my house so I walked out front and saw that not only did the guy not stop but I stood at the rodeside with a flashlight and watched 11 cars drive right over this doe without 1 even stopping, swerving, slamming on their brakes, nothing. Two of them stopped down the road a ways prob. only from damage to the car from ramping of this dead deer. these people must be f*****zombies how can you not see that in front of you. What bothers me is there are alot of kids in my street and if one everr fell in the street, god help them! people need to watch thwe damn rode and quit worrying about other chit when driving.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:40 AM
CJC
Registered

I'm sure everybody has seen this by now, it's been out a while. But - how would you like to have been a passenger in this Durango?!
Attached Thumbnails OT:  Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year??-deer-vs-durango.jpg  
Old 11-12-2002, 08:40 AM
CJC
Registered

Side view
Attached Thumbnails OT:  Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year??-deer-vs-durango-3-.jpg  
Old 11-12-2002, 08:45 AM
CJC
Registered

Finally found out how this happened.

This buck was running around on an overpass when in panic, lept over the guard rail................... I won't bother telling you where it landed.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

Old 11-12-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My season has been (so far) pretty good.
3 near miss deer
1 already flat skunk (PEW)
1 family of coons-missed all but one little one. No damage!
1 coyote-tried everything I could, but still missed him.
6 or 7 pheasant near misses-no feathers yet!

But it's early. Hope my luck continues.

Quick Reply: OT: Anyone else been deer hunting with their vehicle this year??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.