Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1000hp N/A pump gas motor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36787-1000hp-n-pump-gas-motor.html)

26scarab 11-12-2002 10:51 AM

1000hp N/A pump gas motor

I just read the article on the DNE motorsports 1000hp 565ci pump gas motor. It is a pretty impressive piece unfortunatley the spin the motor pretty high (over 6000) and they don't say how much power it makes at lower RPM's. Still impressive though. I find it hard to believe you can get that motor for $30k.

Well thier camshaft and valvesprings (machinework also) are done by LSM engineering a company I was asking about a few months ago. LSM was telling me some pretty radical things about both solid rollers and hydraulic roller cams. I hear that most of the NHRA pro-stock guys have LSM do thier machine work and valvesprings.
Sounds like they know thier stuff.

fountain27ho496 11-12-2002 11:20 AM

LSM in waterford?

Don't know anything thing about them but I believe
this place is just around the corner from my store.
Always wondered what they were doing there.
Its on crescent lake road if its the same place.
Later JC

26scarab 11-12-2002 11:24 AM

Yes it is near you.
Go check it out. I hear they do some real trick stuff. From what I gathered from my short conversation with them they are really big into valvetrain harmonics and how to control it. I guess lots of HP in it. I think I might call them for valvesprings next season.

bobby daniels 11-12-2002 12:14 PM

YEP IN DRAG RACING THEIR ON TOP AND WELL KNOWN !!!

BOATS UNLESS THEY TURN TONS OF R P M ;S WIT A RADICAL CAM
DON'T NEED TO SPEND THE MONEY OR REALLY WORRY ABOUT HARMONICS LIKE NASCAR 9K R P M'S OR PRO STOCK ,
WE GENERALY DON'T RUN THE CAM PROFILES ECT. THEY NEED
I GOT ONE SET OFF SPINGS FROM THEM AND THEY WERE ALMOST 1K WE TOLD NO DIFFERENCE IN THE BOAT OR EARLIER ON DYNO
JUST GET A COATED ,VIBRATECH SPRING SET AND YOU WILL BE FINE AND SAVE A FOURTUNE ,
JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH HOPE THIS HELPS :D

timucin 11-12-2002 03:28 PM

just curios: why dont you guys buy engine from several engine shops?marine companies sell their engines three times more expensive then other companies.As i know only internal difference is the camshaft.
am i wrong?

26scarab 11-12-2002 04:14 PM

Timucin,
I agree with you , that is why I build my own. (with some help)

The only way I would stroll into Sterling and order a few 1000hp motors is if I won the lottery !!

Ratchet 11-12-2002 07:21 PM

Re: 1000hp N/A pump gas motor

Originally posted by 26scarab
I just read the article on the DNE motorsports 1000hp 565ci pump gas motor. It is a pretty impressive piece unfortunatley the spin the motor pretty high (over 6000) and they don't say how much power it makes at lower RPM's. Still impressive though. I find it hard to believe you can get that motor for $30k.

Well thier camshaft and valvesprings (machinework also) are done by LSM engineering a company I was asking about a few months ago. LSM was telling me some pretty radical things about both solid rollers and hydraulic roller cams. I hear that most of the NHRA pro-stock guys have LSM do thier machine work and valvesprings.

So what's you think of the custom intake.........welded up dart, converted to what's basically an oval port big chief ? I've seen wilson intake manifolds somewhere on the web, and if I recall they were all custom. I winder how much this intake would cost & if you'd be better to just have them custom fab up a sheet metal intake ?

Ratchet 11-12-2002 07:22 PM

Re: 1000hp N/A pump gas motor

Originally posted by 26scarab

I'm sure the extra long titanium valves come at a nice price too ?

26scarab 11-12-2002 07:24 PM

RJ,
Wilson does some pretty trick stuff . I don't know if you are aware but my manifold started out as a rectangular port and is now an oval. Welding and porting is ALLOT cheaper than a $2000 sheetmetal manifold.

Ratchet 11-12-2002 07:34 PM

I agree

They have some pretty cool chit on their website:

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/static/home2.html