Pantera Boats Primed For Rebirth Under New Ownership >

Pantera Boats Primed For Rebirth Under New Ownership

Notices

Pantera Boats Primed For Rebirth Under New Ownership

Old 09-24-2020, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
My next life I’m going to study and specialize the effects of fiberglass resin on the human brain. So many fuked up stories come out of the marine industry.
Builders and customers.
I think it was probably alcohol,THC and cocaine that had a greater influence on the Nunezs' business practices. I can't believe these folks did not disappear into the glades to be gator bait.
The following users liked this post:
Drock78 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
racing and winning !
When is the last time they raced a new boat? Just asking i really don't seem to ever see the boats out on the track. Not that it really has much to do with pleasure boats and how most use them anyway.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
When is the last time they raced a new boat? Just asking i really don't seem to ever see the boats out on the track. Not that it really has much to do with pleasure boats and how most use them anyway.
Pepe's big win was in 1978 (42 years ago). Guy has no capital, no molds, likely no laborers and can no longer use the PANTERA name/logo yet he wants to build you a real boat now at age 70+?

Heck he can't even use PANERA boats, the restaurant chain has that locked up!

Guy had a good run in the boat business, he should just take the high road and talk about the old days.
Griff (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 08:16 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Im confused as to why you would have an article about a company resurrecting a brand name (properly it seems like) and in the same article give out the phone number to the former builder???

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 5 users liked this post by Wally:
Awash (09-24-2020), DRAG (09-24-2020), Drock78 (09-24-2020), SB (09-24-2020), thirdchildhood (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 09:51 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
Im confused as to why you would have an article about a company resurrecting a brand name (properly it seems like) and in the same article give out the phone number to the former builder???
Because Jason Johnson was simply quoting him accurately. That was exactly what Mr. Nunez said in their interview.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 09-24-2020 at 10:38 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
bulletbob (09-24-2020), Griff (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Type in Berk in the Beware section and in the Pantera section. Clear a few hours on your calendar.
The best thread was deleted after Berk won a judgement I believe.
You can also search the Dade County court records, search Pantera boats, Pantera powerboats and other variations of the name. Prepare to review about 20 years of records relating to Pantera not paying their bills.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:17 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

jaguar has the molds in the US. I WOULD by from them. they seem to have a nice product after being on the new cat the built. if you have the molds and name then guess what your the builder. how may times have boat brands changed owners and kept a name? doesn't matter it how as long as it was legal.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Because Jason Johnson was simply quoting him accurately. That was exactly what Mr. Nunez said in their interview.
I get that part...it just doesn't make sense why include him in the article in the first place...let alone post his phone number....whats the angle of this article...is it a promo piece for the new company or a slam against them for not being "real" Panteras?
If i was the company re-starting Pantera back up again and having the article post a statement from the former builder saying that he can only build "real" Panteras ....id be kinda pissed....maybe im reading into this wrong....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wally:
DRAG (09-24-2020), thirdchildhood (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
I get that part...it just doesn't make sense why include him in the article in the first place...let alone post his phone number....whats the angle of this article...is it a promo piece for the new company or a slam against them for not being "real" Panteras?
If i was the company re-starting Pantera back up again and having the article post a statement from the former builder saying that he can only build "real" Panteras ....id be kinda pissed....maybe im reading into this wrong....
Wally please it was all about journalistic integrity you always want to to get the side of a con man and then post it in your puff piece err article......
Wally (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Awash
Wally please it was all about journalistic integrity you always want to to get the side of a con man and then post it in your puff piece err article......
Jason was ethically obligated to contact Mr. Nunez, but thanks for the expert journalistic opinion. Seems like everyone is an expert on the profession these days.

If he doesn't reach out to Mr. Nunez, people complain (and rightly so per our standards) about lack of balance. Jason interviewed everyone relevant to the story. He did good work. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it was hardly a puff piece.

No good dead shall go unpunished.
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
bulletbob (09-30-2020), Griff (09-25-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.