Pantera Boats Primed For Rebirth Under New Ownership >

Pantera Boats Primed For Rebirth Under New Ownership

Notices

Pantera Boats Primed For Rebirth Under New Ownership

Old 09-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
There is indeed a school of thought in journalism that doesn't believe in getting "both sides." I understand it, though I don't subscribe to it.

By the standard you set above, every time we write about, for example, Fountain Powerboats, we should have to rehash the company's bankruptcy in 2009. By your high ethical standards and integrity (please), the same should apply to Eliminator Boats, which filed for bankruptcy the following year. Pantera has not been relevant for decades, and Jason's article made it clear the new owners of the Pantera molds bought them out of receivership. You seem to want the gory details. You want us to go on a crusade, it seems, against a company that's been lifeless for some time, the models of which a new owner is trying to revive. Good for you.

But that has nothing to do with journalistic integrity, something most readers outside and inside industry believe we have.

Look at me. I'm arguing with a guy who has enough courage to use a screen name. Do you have a background in my profession? Have any clips? A resume you want me to look at? Please, by all means, share them. (Psst. If you have to point out sarcasm in your writing, you're not doing it right. )

Don't like us, don't read us. But your hyper-aggressive, all-knowing posture is just silly. Breathe. You'll live longer.
That is just plain funny, it wasn't I that said journalistic ethics obligated a second point of view and by my statement you think that's being advocated..... I believe you missed the mark and that's funny also.

As to your point's about resume, clips, blah, blah the writing let me guess what comes next point's against my grammar and punctuation? Further what are you so hyper-sensitive about, I disagree with what SOTW did in the article? Then you go on about a screen name which most of us have and hiding behind it what are you going to do next track me down and beat me up because I won't agree with you? I think you might check the mirror if your looking for hyper-aggressive.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 562 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson View Post
Point taken guys, but for my story I was doing follow-up work/vetting for a press release from a company with which I had no previous relationship. I can't just slap up a press release and assume it's accurate so I called Pepe. I also called John Clarke to confirm and get a quote about it. It is my story so I can present it as is and no way I'd call it a puff piece. That would be using superlatives to describe how wonderful it is that someone is trying to do something with a rather historic brand for our industry. If the owners had a problem with my story, I would have heard from them. I didn't not, just two emails from a partner and the PR person thanking me for the story. In fact their exact words were: "Looks great. Thanks for the support." and "Hey Jason... nicely done... thanks!"

I guess it's a good thing you're not the ones running the new company who may take offense to showing another side to a story. In my opinion, I can have one but you won't find it in my news story, the new ownership group is likely secure enough legally and mentally with their position, business model and future that having a rant from the former owner at the end of the story doesn't both them.
Fair enough and i didnt think my comment would start a heated debate its all good and we should just move on...lifes too short...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 5 users liked this post by Wally:
bulletbob (09-30-2020), Jason Johnson (09-26-2020), Matt Trulio (09-25-2020), Padraig (09-29-2020), rak rua (09-25-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 01:40 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss View Post
im confused. did pantera sell or was it taken from them or did the sell it or?
Lost all of its major assets in a lawsuit and had been taking deposits on new builds to finish the current boats that were in production. No more deposits from new customers = unfinished builds for customers who had already paid for their boats. They built great boats but were........to say it nicely, terrible at running a business.

Pantera Boats had many different corporate names over the years and many lawsuits and judgements against them.
The following users liked this post:
Boatlesss (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Who's the genius that came up with the business plan of resurrecting a company with a shady past , somewhat cool logo , and outdated designs? If they plan on introducing new designs and some revamped older models , why not run under the Jaguar banner ( which is also an "iconic" brand,with a cool logo), since they seemed to be partnered up to some degree. Pepe never went as fast as Jack...
The following 2 users liked this post by PARASAIL941:
Jason Johnson (11-11-2020), Wildman_grafix (09-28-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
There is indeed a school of thought in journalism that doesn't believe in getting "both sides." I understand it, though I don't subscribe to it.

By the standard you set above, every time we write about, for example, Fountain Powerboats, we should have to rehash the company's bankruptcy in 2009. By your high ethical standards and integrity (please), the same should apply to Eliminator Boats, which filed for bankruptcy the following year. Pantera has not been relevant for decades, and Jason's article made it clear the new owners of the Pantera molds bought them out of receivership. You seem to want the gory details. You want us to go on a crusade, it seems, against a company that's been lifeless for some time, the models of which a new owner is trying to revive. Good for you.

But that has nothing to do with journalistic integrity, something most readers outside and inside industry believe we have.

Look at me. I'm arguing with a guy who has enough courage to use a screen name. Do you have a background in my profession? Have any clips? A resume you want me to look at? Please, by all means, share them. (Psst. If you have to point out sarcasm in your writing, you're not doing it right. )

Don't like us, don't read us. But your hyper-aggressive, all-knowing posture is just silly. Breathe. You'll live longer.
Amen!
Old 09-30-2020, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 588 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941 View Post
Who's the genius that came up with the business plan of resurrecting a company with a shady past , somewhat cool logo , and outdated designs? If they plan on introducing new designs and some revamped older models , why not run under the Jaguar banner ( which is also an "iconic" brand,with a cool logo), since they seemed to be partnered up to some degree. Pepe never went as fast as Jack...
I think they have a chance with OB powered options. The 24-36 ft market has a gap that Pantera could fill and I'd guess they scooped up the brand/molds very cheaply at the auction.
rak rua (09-30-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 861 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
I think they have a chance with OB powered options. The 24-36 ft market has a gap that Pantera could fill and I'd guess they scooped up the brand/molds very cheaply at the auction.

Velocity seems to be doing good with their 22 and 29 OB models. Matt should do a article on them.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
gmhdfan (10-03-2020), Jason Johnson (11-11-2020), Padraig (09-30-2020), ThisIsLivin (11-09-2020)
Old 11-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss View Post
im confused. did pantera sell or was it taken from them or did the sell it or?
Sounds like a bankruptcy court determined the disposition of the former Pantera's assets as they do. Court sold it all to a new owner as is what happens in bankruptcy court. No regard for previous owner is perfectly normal.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 199 Likes on 114 Posts

A 36 with outboards would be a great setup IMO.
Pismo10 (11-22-2020)