Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada?? >

So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??

Notices

So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??

Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 2,802 Likes on 943 Posts
Default So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??

Seeing that 40 Rivited boat for sale reminded me of the 50' yello aluminum cat. Anyone know what ever became of it?

Haven't seen it mentioned since 08 in this debacle of a thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...coming-us.html
Attached Thumbnails So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat1jpeg.jpg   So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat2jpeg.jpg   So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat3jpeg.jpg  

So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat4jpeg.jpg   So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat5jpeg.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Registered

Attached Thumbnails So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat6jpeg.jpg   So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat7jpeg.jpg   So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??-50cat8jpeg.jpg  

Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 445 Posts

Classic! look at the king of liars sunkin calling the other dreamer names....started laughing so hard spilled coffee...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a few miles from me. The guy has a yellow 650 to match it. Unfortunately, he has never done anything with it. Jim Darr was bugging me for the longest to get him in touch with the owner.
I'm not sure if the guy is ever going to do anything with it. I would love to see if together. However, I also understand that it's about a million dollar gamble to find out if it runs worth a damn.
Eddie
Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
It's a few miles from me. The guy has a yellow 650 to match it. Unfortunately, he has never done anything with it. Jim Darr was bugging me for the longest to get him in touch with the owner.
I'm not sure if the guy is ever going to do anything with it. I would love to see if together. However, I also understand that it's about a million dollar gamble to find out if it runs worth a damn.
Eddie
Yea, I read some threads speculating it may not run well. I would love to see it finished. It's a bad azz mo fo!!

Hey Rob! You like that? Pretty funny huh? And Nort was still giving him sh!t even back then!!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I even got Jim Darr connected with the guy that owns it that lives by Eddie and I before I realized that he (Darr) was a squirrel. They talked. The owner told me he thought that Darr was full of crap. I really didn't know at that point.......but then Jim started calling me and asking me 20 questions about the cat. I kept telling him, I have given you the owners mobile # and you have already talked to him several times. You need to ask him all of your questions. I told him a dozen times that it was big, yellow, looked cool...etc...etc...but beyond that, he needed to talk to the owner. Then he would just start talking in circles. I realized then that he was living in a dream world and I got out of the picture. Jim got my mobile number from someone about a year later and started the whole thing all over again about buying it. He had talked to so many people about so many boats.....that he never even remembered talking to me about the aluminum cat the first time. 2 months after that, he took a picture that I had sent him of the cat in my buddies yard hooked to his yellow 650 and he had put it in is Avatar and was telling everyone he owned it and was doing all of these exotice mods to it. All while it was sitting down the street from me in the original guys yard since it was brought into the states from Canada.

Ahhh....Good Times!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I even got Jim Darr connected with the guy that owns it that lives by Eddie and I before I realized that he (Darr) was a squirrel. They talked. The owner told me he thought that Darr was full of crap. I really didn't know at that point.......but then Jim started calling me and asking me 20 questions about the cat. I kept telling him, I have given you the owners mobile # and you have already talked to him several times. You need to ask him all of your questions. I told him a dozen times that it was big, yellow, looked cool...etc...etc...but beyond that, he needed to talk to the owner. Then he would just start talking in circles. I realized then that he was living in a dream world and I got out of the picture. Jim got my mobile number from someone about a year later and started the whole thing all over again about buying it. He had talked to so many people about so many boats.....that he never even remembered talking to me about the aluminum cat the first time. 2 months after that, he took a picture that I had sent him of the cat in my buddies yard hooked to his yellow 650 and he had put it in is Avatar and was telling everyone he owned it and was doing all of these exotice mods to it. All while it was sitting down the street from me in the original guys yard since it was brought into the states from Canada.

Ahhh....Good Times!
LOL. What a tool that guy is!!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Registered

WOW! I just went through that whole thread.....LMAO

What a pair, The Sunkin Darr show
Old 10-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

cool boat! I would take a sawzall to it & convert it to #6's though.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by vette131
cool boat! I would take a sawzall to it & convert it to #6's though.
I've got the sawzall and blades since you've got the 6's. I'll buy it as long as it can sit in YPM's front yard while we strategize on our component selections. :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.