Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know of anyone dealing in diamonds?? >

Anyone know of anyone dealing in diamonds??

Notices

Anyone know of anyone dealing in diamonds??

Old 11-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunder Dan

Sent you an email!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

29scarab,
Ryan is right, I own diamondsource.com. As you can see from all the responses, it's a very competitive business. I don't want to discredit any of the Jewelers/Brokers listed above. But I will sell you a diamond for less than anyone on the planet. I extend this offer to anyone struggling with the "High Performance Boat" addiction.

We could make it interesting by posting your best deals on this Thread. If you would prefer to keep it private just E-mail me.
The 1.08 E SI-2 you found for $3995 I have for $3650. I also have a 1.21 E SI-3 for $3875

I only deal in certified diamonds. I assure you if you compare apples to apples, I will give you the best deal.

Steve Quick 800 404 0058
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:57 PM
skaterize

Good Luck in your quest for the right ring. Call and ask for Rocky, he owns S.E. Joseph Jewelers. Not only does he sponsor the Jacksonville Firefighters River Rally, he is a super close friend of mine and if he doesnt treat the two of you better than anyone you've talked too; I will stop posting on this SITE! 800-771-7625 or 904-398-1333.

PS: Tell him Craig sent you

Old 11-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

29Scarab,

Check you email

Todd
Old 11-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

What is that old reference for how much you should spend, like 3 months salary or something? It seemed like it was a huge amount of time span for a ring. Seeing this thread just made me think of that again and wonder what it was. (of course, I think the rule of thumb was created by the diamond sellers/manufacturers)
Old 11-16-2002, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

32fever,
You're right. The two, three or four month salary idea came from your helpful friends at the De Beers corporation. They control a large part of worlds diamond production.

I usually suggest that you spend an amount that's comfortable for you. Just remember that this ring is as exciting to her as your dream boat would be to you. You should not cheap it. But as a high volume diamond seller, I can assure you. Very few people spend three months salary.

It's nice to see the loyalty from the board members above. I still think open bidding on this thread would get 29fever his diamond for the lowest price. It would also finalize the question of who will give him the "Best Deal". He can report after the sale on the quality of service he received.

Steve Quick www.diamondsource.com Steve Quick Jeweler Chicago 800 404 0058
Old 11-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Luxy60

I would recommend buying a GIA cert. diamond no matter where you get it. Cut quality is just as important as color/ clarity. The cut really give it the sparkle. I bought my wife a 1.5 caret H/ VS2 VG, VG and it is a very nice rock. Paid 6K.

Old 11-16-2002, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Luxy60,
Excellent advise regarding the cut. There are four C's (cut, color clarity and carat weight) and cut is listed first for a reason. It sounds like you bought a great diamond.

If 29scarab contacts me I'll be happy to explain the whole story to him.

Steve Quick www.teamlamarine.com
Old 11-18-2002, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ok, guess we'll just let this go to the "Old Thread Bin". Not the smartest move on my part anyway. Inviting a public bid war to decide who is willing to make the least amount of profit.

So many people come to me with a deal their , friend in the business gave them. I always give them something better. And when it's a fellow racer/boater I do even more.

As I said earlier it would have been fun to prove who is really the best in a public forum. Maybe some other time. Steve Quick www.teamlamarine.com
Old 11-18-2002, 10:03 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Sean-
Who is the lucky girl? Have I or Brenda met her?

Quick Reply: Anyone know of anyone dealing in diamonds??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.