Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas >

Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

Notices

Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

Old 11-15-2002, 10:29 AM
check freak

I love my Rolex, what an excellant watch. My parents bought it for me for my college graduation present. It will be something that I can have for the rest of my life. 10 grand cash would have been nice, I could have used it towards a truck, boat or snowmobile etc. These items all lose their value and have a self life so to speak. In the overall picture, I am gald that I have the watch. I also have a Tag, all gold retail price $2000. What a piece of junk, the gold is starting to rub off after 3 years. When I purchased this watch the sales person had the nerverto say it was a better watch than a Rolex. In my opinion, they are not even close. Moral of the story: you get what you pay for.

Just my .02

Last edited by check freak; 11-15-2002 at 10:31 AM.

Old 11-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Summer, Sorry her name is not Dana. Its Stephannie. Where did you think you may have met her at? Anyway I have my work cut out today looking for a watch. Really appreciate all the help on referrals
Old 11-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past summer I was in the Caymans with my family, and picked up a stainless Rolex (I have a gold\stainless, but I wanted one a little less dressy). I saved about $400 over what i would have paid in the states, and when you buy one down there, the warantee period is doubled to 2 years. Not that you should need one with a Rolex. I saved even more $, as I may have forgotten to pay the duty on the watch when i came back in through customs. My stepmom liked it so much, my dad had to buy her one for their anniversary (which they celebrated while we were down there).

So save $$ and get it in the Caymans. The bonus is that you can get a helluva nice vacation at the same time.

Good luck,
Old 11-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry about the mix-up fountain38.
I know one of the guys who owns Chucks Barbeque. I think that's the name, I thought he was from around there. His name is Charley and his wife's name is Dana. Thought it might be you.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Uncle Toys

Fountain38 - Be careful, unless you REALLY know what your doing, you can get sold a fake. I would especially be worried if I was offered one at 50% under retail.

bglz42 - right on! From jeans to tux and even in the lake, best man watch period!

p.s. Fountain38, you sound like a man who's wife lurks on the board Be careful, quid pro quo is a dangerous slope! I should know

Old 11-15-2002, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fountain38...

If you are going to go new check this website... They are very good and I and several friends have had no complaints... You get to skip the tax too... If the preowned market is the avenue you choose, be VERY careful... Hope this helps...

Tnx, Karl

www.alanmarcusco.com
Old 11-15-2002, 02:59 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

bglz i actually do have patek

its a platinum pocket watch that i pretty much only wear to wedding and other such ocaisions. It was my grandfathers. he bougt it in 1934. And now its mine. Not a complication but still very nice. I like it perhaps i'll post a pic later.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:34 PM
DEVIL MAN

Fountain 38...Are you kidding, that money will cover a pair of rebuilds and let you throw some blowers on top of everything. Hey, my wife is kind, giving and loving and she is getting Timex
for Christmas!!!!! And she just gave me a kidney!!!!!! Come on,
you are ruining it for all the guys!!!!!

DMan....and the D is for Buy her a Dress!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2002, 03:55 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

ROTFLMAO
Old 11-15-2002, 10:01 PM
skaterize

See 29scarab's post about ring, Call Rocky and tell him Craig sent You. I guarentee he'll be the nicest person you ever talked too, Craig

Quick Reply: Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.