Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where Did They All Go? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/369877-where-did-they-all-go.html)

BajaFresh 01-01-2021 10:19 AM

Where Did They All Go?

Playing around with the idea of getting another big boat so been doing some internet searching. I'm thinking 28' to 35' range around the $60K mark. Open to all brands although I'd realy like a clean Cafe Racer or maybe a Bullet.

I remember about 10 years ago the OSO classified section had hundreds of boats for sale. Baja, Cig, Formula, and Fountain would have a ton of listings. Now each brand has just a handful and some one or two and other none at all. Fountain currently has 30 and Cig, 20 but mostly higher end stuff. Baja has only 7 and Formula only 3!

So where did they all go? Are they sitting in back yards rotting away? Is everyone just happy with what they have and intend on keeping them forever? Are people advertising elsewhere?

Interceptor 01-01-2021 10:52 AM

Most of the boats in that range have been bought and kept. not much new production in those sizes since 2008.

1MOSES1 01-01-2021 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 4771177)
Playing around with the idea of getting another big boat so been doing some internet searching. I'm thinking 28' to 35' range around the $60K mark. Open to all brands although I'd realy like a clean Cafe Racer or maybe a Bullet.

I remember about 10 years ago the OSO classified section had hundreds of boats for sale. Baja, Cig, Formula, and Fountain would have a ton of listings. Now each brand has just a handful and some one or two and other none at all. Fountain currently has 30 and Cig, 20 but mostly higher end stuff. Baja has only 7 and Formula only 3!

So where did they all go? Are they sitting in back yards rotting away? Is everyone just happy with what they have and intend on keeping them forever? Are people advertising elsewhere?

facebook

Griff 01-01-2021 01:26 PM

There is a definite shortage of quality used boats for sale in the 50-100k range and prices are up on them due to supply and demand.
Also, the amount of listings in the OSO Classifieds have been on a steady decline for years due to all of the places with free listings.

compedgemarine 01-01-2021 02:10 PM

I have a 28' Eliminator in the classifieds. might fit the bill for what you are looking for.

seafordguy 01-01-2021 03:08 PM

I noticed the same thing the other day. When I first started shopping there was consistently more that 100 cigs available. The other day I think there was 23!!

Crazy.

I have mixed emotions on Facebook Marketplace. I use my wife's sometimes to sell some stuff but I still seem to have better luck sometimes on Craigslist. Just sold a yz450f 3 days ago and it sold on Craigslist. If people are on Craigslist they are actively searching to buy something. To many Facebook people just shoot a note because it's easy with no real intention of buying. It's obnoxious.....

Unlimited jd 01-01-2021 03:37 PM

I remember seeing 900+ boats for sale in the classified. Under 250 now. Crazy

BajaFresh 01-01-2021 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by compedgemarine (Post 4771208)
I have a 28' Eliminator in the classifieds. might fit the bill for what you are looking for.

That is a really nice boat and must scoot pretty good with that motor. Seams very reasonably priced too but I really want something with twins.

TeamSaris 01-02-2021 05:55 AM

Facebook. And since Ive been helping some people sell their boats, I can attest to what a pain in the ass it is. List a 382 Formula with 700s for 200k. Get a message from Joe Shmo telling you how it runs 60 tops and his buddies bass boat runs 80 and oh will you take 40k plus my lifted truck on trade? Every. Time.
Think there are too many "experts" without a clue on here? Facebook is 100000x worse.

getrdunn 01-02-2021 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by TeamSaris (Post 4771263)
Facebook. And since Ive been helping some people sell their boats, I can attest to what a pain in the ass it is. List a 382 Formula with 700s for 200k. Get a message from Joe Shmo telling you how it runs 60 tops and his buddies bass boat runs 80 and oh will you take 40k plus my lifted truck on trade? Every. Time.
Think there are too many "experts" without a clue on here? Facebook is 100000x worse.

just to clarify where you were referring the “experts” without a clue to be? Maybe I misread.