Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!! >

They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!!

Notices

They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2002, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can even describe the disgust I felt today when I read that article in the paper.My heart is so heavy.I will say that no one overstepped any bounderiesin writing to the record.I myself
am thinking about writing to them but I don't think I could do it without using a bunch of four letter words.I am just sick to my stomach.Today for the frist time I shut my cell phone off because I can't bear to talk to anyone.I felt like the paper made my brother look like a monster that drives around with total lack of self control and disregard for others.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:34 PM

Kenny, nextel me I've tried you a couple of times and I need to talk to you about something
Old 11-16-2002, 06:42 PM

Becca, To loose a Loved one to a Tragedy is not like loosing someone for health reasons, I know I have been down that road. There is no justice for loosing a loved one. Time will heal but Danny will never be missed. He is in your heart forever. This is to everyone else respect Becca and leave the hear says or news out of the threads it is hard enough for her and the Family,
God Be With Danny and may the love of Danny be with you Becca forever,
Old 11-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by babybro
I can even describe the disgust I felt today when I read that article in the paper.My heart is so heavy.I will say that no one overstepped any bounderiesin writing to the record.I myself
am thinking about writing to them but I don't think I could do it without using a bunch of four letter words.I am just sick to my stomach.Today for the frist time I shut my cell phone off because I can't bear to talk to anyone.I felt like the paper made my brother look like a monster that drives around with total lack of self control and disregard for others.
Cut and paste King pins letter and send that. I think his letter is a good one and is very strongly worded with out showing bad taste in language.

Jon
Old 11-16-2002, 08:30 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have stayed out of this tragedy except for the time when I said I would lend a helping hand if needed. The reason for that is I don't talk about sickness, dying, or death very well. I have lived and driven in CA for some time until recently and road rage was coined there by the local authorities. Legal defense strategies, analysts expert opinion or all this other happy horse**** doesn't lend any resolve to this family's grieving. That being said the guy is still guilty of manslaughter at least and should get him some type of prison term. Now back in the old days there used to be honor among thieves and for Danny's sake lets hope that still holds true.

Becca, Babybro, and the rest of The Lanza family you still and always will have my condolences.

Sean Stinson
Old 11-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Registered

Amen, Sean..
Old 11-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

My thoughts here about what happened are speculation, but based on facts I have seen with mine own two eyes in 10 years of being a Firefighter and EMT. If Dan was run down by this truck, he would have had physical indications of being run over. I do not mean to get too graphic here; but reports stated their were no indications of outside body physical trauma. This leads me to believe that Dan was struck by the front of the pickup, or at least the side, and this asinine fool, knew damn well what he hit and how. A very good friend of mine hit a 13 year old girl, weighing 200lbs; a few years ago in his large pickup truck, with a huge bumper and grill guard, and this poor girl destroyed his truck. He was only doing 40mph, and she destroyed the front up into the radiator and fan shroud, and went over the truck; actually breaking the metal and welds in the homemade bumper; as well as the windshield. (She threw herself in front of him to commit suicide; awful story, my friend had his two toddlers in the truck; and all three of them have had adverse effects ever since.) There is obviously much, much more to this story, and A LOT of it rests in the truck and what it looks like, that is if it even still exists.

All the words I and others have said here, really don't mean a whole lot about what happened. We can only have faith in what justice and investigative systems we have in place.

To the Lanza family and close friends, my prayers and thoughts and support are behind you. I wish to you that only the truth, and what the truth deserves come to light. This is going to be a long and tough road ahead. It is going to get worse before it gets better. Please be strong and always remember to do the right thing. Whatever punishment this asinine fool receives here on this earth, we know he will get his fitting end after he departs. I think I can speak for just about all of OSO, in saying that please, do not hesitate to call on, or lean on, us at anytime for anything that you all may need.

Again, my condolences.

Thank you T2X and OSO.

Brian

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-16-2002 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Intolerant1

I am happy for the family in that some questions have now been answered. Not knowing can be far more damaging than the truth. I only hope the case is quickly resolved without the family being dragged through a prolonged court ordeal. My best wishes to the family and friends.

Old 11-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Let Justice be served, and don't let ignorent people bring you down with stupid statements, keep your head up
Old 11-18-2002, 10:41 AM
RickerTX

This is the tough part......they caught him, but now he has to be prosecuted and punished. We all know what should happen to this guy but will a jury do the right thing? I certainly hope and pray for their collective discernment. After the bell tolls, there is always financial punishment via civil suit for wrongful death. But that is getting ahead of things. Keep your head up and look at it as a process which might not make all the right turns as it progresses, but the end result is what is important. I'm sure good people are working on the prosecutions' side and want justice to be served. However, these people don't usually just come out and make statements like the guys defense attorney did. They hold their cards for the trial. The evidence will crush this guy. It's hard, but have patience. We are behind you.

This guy should not see the light of day!

Last edited by RickerTX; 11-18-2002 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.