Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Photo Essay: Gilbert’s Never Looked Better >

Photo Essay: Gilbert’s Never Looked Better

Notices

Photo Essay: Gilbert’s Never Looked Better

Old 02-21-2021, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Statement will build you a 42 Ultimate if you like, they did one just last year but CC and Cats are what is being ordered.

I don't think builders are ignoring them, it's that people just are not ordering a lot of them.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

OB boats are great, I get it and would like to own one as my 1st cat. But with all things in life that take over a market- to me they are getting old and annoying. Every single new boat model is set up for them. Yawn... it’s almost like it’s the Marine industry version of the electric or hybrid vehicle. I say boring, bring back the sound of horsepower!!! And good for you Dale (skater30)
The following 4 users liked this post by precisiondetails:
Craney (02-21-2021), hoodoo (02-21-2021), outlw36 (02-21-2021), thisistank (02-21-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

What boat model is that with the triple white outboards and all white deck with cabin (i.e sport boat). Looks like a 31 sonic, but thought they stopped making those.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I am surprised only 2 of those OL 41s have been built. Thought they were going to be a hit
Old 02-21-2021, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
OB boats are great, I get it and would like to own one as my 1st cat. But with all things in life that take over a market- to me they are getting old and annoying. Every single new boat model is set up for them. Yawn... it’s almost like it’s the Marine industry version of the electric or hybrid vehicle. I say boring, bring back the sound of horsepower!!! And good for you Dale (skater30)
agreed. The outboard technology and benefits from fuel consumption to warranty to speeds obtainable is undeniable. But I just can’t get over missing the look, feel, smell, and especially sound of a gorgeous polished and painted big block with ear ringing through hull exhaust screaming out the back. There’s nothing better to me.

and I cant be the only one that notices the market seems saturated with 30 something outboard cats and huge CC’s that all kinda blend together. But again, I totally get it. Ease, function, reliability...just seems a bit more....tame, I suppose is the word.
The following 5 users liked this post by thisistank:
Craney (02-21-2021), hoodoo (02-21-2021), outlw36 (02-21-2021), Perfect Storm (02-21-2021), precisiondetails (02-21-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
agreed. The outboard technology and benefits from fuel consumption to warranty to speeds obtainable is undeniable. But I just can’t get over missing the look, feel, smell, and especially sound of a gorgeous polished and painted big block with ear ringing through hull exhaust screaming out the back. There’s nothing better to me.

and I cant be the only one that notices the market seems saturated with 30 something outboard cats and huge CC’s that all kinda blend together. But again, I totally get it. Ease, function, reliability...just seems a bit more....tame, I suppose is the word.

Also goes back to what you want to do with your boat.

For us it is running to the islands with friends, jamming music, and having a good time. We are always in the water too and in and out of the boat boat always with a group.

Nothing with an i/o except a cruiser hits the notes for us and not ready for cruiser life. So big o/B CC hits the mark the best.

But for those that just go out and blast around then ya...a big CC is kinda dumb.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by dbhammer
That OL 41 ob is a great looking boat. Never had seen that white one before. So much room in the cockpit.
the original owner isn’t much of a crowds guy. He had it built as a tender and toy to go behind his 65’ Viking. Used it mostly to go across the bay to the golf course. This was its first poker run.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:01 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
the original owner isn’t much of a crowds guy. He had it built as a tender and toy to go behind his 65’ Viking. Used it mostly to go across the bay to the golf course. This was its first poker run.
The NEW owner had it at this run. And he has done dozens if not more. Sharp boat for sure and he has owned all kinds.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
The NEW owner had it at this run. And he has done dozens if not more. Sharp boat for sure and he has owned all kinds.
yep, buddy has had one of everything o/l lol. I maintained the boat since new and talked to buddy quite a bit as he was closing the deal on it.
The following users liked this post:
Cash Bar (02-22-2021)