Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scarabs where they been and where are they going?? >

Scarabs where they been and where are they going??

Notices

Scarabs where they been and where are they going??

Old 11-26-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Smokin' Joe

Who is selling it and how much are they asking?

Wannabe
Old 11-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Old 11-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Hey ma, I posted a picture......
Old 11-27-2002, 08:34 PM
riskybusiness

Unhappy

I was both suprised and saddened to read in a recent POWERBOAT Magazine that SCARAB was shelving their entire sport-deck program, and sticking with center consoles.

Although I know the CC market is 100 times larger, it still found it slightly disheartening to see the corporation throw in the towel like that. 'Applying the resources to a larger crowd, I guess....Well, ya' can't knock em' for tryin' to make a bigger return on their buck.......

If the molds are going back to Larry Smith, maybe SCARAB fans would all be better off....

Anybody see the 47' GENTRY SCARAB for sale a few months ago w/o engines???

Old 11-30-2002, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

TTT
Old 11-30-2002, 08:23 AM
Registered

Dave,
I'd post some pics of mine, but I can't bear to look at it after its been winterized!!!LOL
Old 11-30-2002, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here's some history for you. We have the "1978 Scarab". Bought the boat in 1988 in ragged condition. When my husband contacted Wellcraft for assistance in the recondition, they said per the VIN we had hull #1, the first 377 Scarab made. After the Betty Cook race years, they laid up our boat as the first recreation model. Best we can tell, she is the only 1978.

First owner for year one was the big guy at Wellcraft, then Susan Lovelace bought it (Linda's sister) and named it "Straighlaced" (trying to make a statement??).

Attached is the only pic we have on the digital. Not a great pic. But I can tell you the only thing original is the gas tank and cleats (cleats are powdercoated white). Obviously took off the windshield for a faring. Glassed in the awful windows (they were below the gunnel, duh! - can you say blow out!, only year anyone did that!!). Anyone boating Lake Erie probably has seen us - BAD DOG with a big cartoon dog head.

She's heavy. Won't beat any of the new boats on flat water, but give us rough seas and we'll be at the dock, tied up, at the bar and half way through our margarita before anyone else arrives at the dock!

We've stuffed at least 3 times I can remember. 12 - 15 footers each time. Scary to me and everyone else on board (Lake Erie can get wicked in the fall), but the boat had no problems. Rode steady right through it, pumped herself out, ran her on to the home dock.

Trying to attach pic - apparently too big. Sorry, not savvy enough to know how to attach. Help?
Old 12-01-2002, 09:12 PM
liquidlocomotive

Default pennzoil race boat

anybody seen it, dave rankins 38 scarab. was in the scope 1998 poker run.

Old 12-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

Where's the Lucas Oil Scarab pics??? That's the best Scarab IMO
Old 12-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Jeff

wannabe, I heard they want $150k for Smokin' Joe

Quick Reply: Scarabs where they been and where are they going??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.