Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT:just curios,anyone else in recycling? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37072-ot-just-curios-anyone-else-recycling.html)

Here's Johnny 11-16-2002 11:24 AM

OT:just curios,anyone else in recycling?

Having boating in common with just about every other member of OSO I am curios to see what members I have buisness in common with. I am from Queens N.Y. where I own and operate a concrete and fill material recycling facility. Does anybody work in this or any other related field.

tripps 11-16-2002 01:34 PM

Hey JD454, we have a weldingsupply outfit on LI and deliver ox and acet to alot of places in queens bkln,manht, what is the name of your co? we take care of recon in oceanside. did you check out the places i told you about? see u on the board tripps

magnuman 11-16-2002 02:54 PM

JohnnyD,

I have nothing to do with recycling, but I I grew up in Bayside and gradiated from Bayside High. Although I now live in beautiful warm, sunny California!!:D
How's the old neighborhood?
Regards.

Here's Johnny 11-16-2002 06:21 PM

Tripps, as for recon in oceanside I do know of them. As far as the marinas on the south shore I stopped in to see Dante at Al Grovers yesterday and he does have some availability. I am going to think it over a little bit more before I make the switch, it took me over an hour and a half to get there in traffic yesterday.
My company name is Durante Bros. , and I currently use Mckinney for my ox and acc. What company are you with?
I'll talk to you soon!!!

Magnuman, Sunny warm California ha, nice, smart move. I know you miss the New York weather,today especially rain and 35 degrees. Bayside is actually pretty good though, no complaints here except for the winters.
How long ago did you leave?

Vinny P 11-16-2002 06:37 PM

I too grew up in Bayside. I have been keeping my boat at Grovers' for the last couple of years. You are right about getting to Grovers' from Bayside. It can be a real long ride, especially during the week. I have been on the South Side for 12 years now, before you make the switch over to the South Side of Long Island ( I am assuming you are currenty on the North Side) I have a few words of advice. It is VERY CROWDED on the weekends. I always head out as soon as Grovers' opens the gate 8:00. Unless I am going to a restaurant or someting, I get the hell out of there at around 1:00. You just can not run the through the bays and canals on the weekends. It is suicidal. Unless you want to cruise around at 30 m.p.h., you have to stay in the ocean. Fortunetly for me I get alot of time off from work. I go out a few times a week during normal working hours. That is the best time to be out.

By the way I am good friends with the owners of Quality Readi-Mix in New Hyde Park. Maybe you know of them as well and I am a mechanic for the N.Y.P.D.

Here's Johnny 11-16-2002 07:01 PM

CM454, I appreciate the advise, that is definatly one of the things I will have to consider. As for quality ready mix I know of the plant but have never done buisness with them, being that they are not in my area. I will let you know if I decide on grovers, and thanks again for the warning.

Hauling Trash 11-16-2002 07:19 PM

Does this count ,I`m in the Garbage buisness.

Here's Johnny 11-16-2002 07:22 PM

Mike, I would say so!

Vinny P 11-16-2002 07:34 PM

JohnnyD454,

Let me know if you come over to Grovers'. I'll be glad to meet you. I can also show you all of the South Shore sand bars to avoid.:eek: :eek: