Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Skip Barber Racing School >

OT: Skip Barber Racing School

Notices

OT: Skip Barber Racing School

Old 11-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the 3 day school and followed up with their racing series. It is a little pricy but it is the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Warning - Racing cars is addictive.

If you have a half decent car you can have just as much fun and track time for 10% of the cost in a car club event. There are clubs with good instructors for almost every make. The BMW club is one of the best. They accept just about anyone with a car- No hummers etc. Costs about $300 per weekend. Top notch classroom and in car instruction. The instructors donate their time in exchange for time on the track.

BMWCCA.com

Steve
Old 11-19-2002, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

PUDER dont waste your time at roos the cars suck as do the tracks ie pocano... skippy runs at the BEST tracks all over the country mid ohio.laguna, road america, sebring you name it... and the instructors are top notch as is the ciriculm...
p.s. ALL instuctors are nice guys... they are just lookig for a wealthy student to deify them and sponsor their pro career!
Old 11-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stevel.

Tell me more about the BMWCCA. I briefly scanned their Web site, but didn't get much out of it. I'm in Fort Wayne, not too far from you. Where do you race and with what car.

If they race throughout the Midwest in locations that are reachable for weekend race trips, I may be interested. How does one get involved and into the sport.

Thanks.
Ricochet.