OT: Skip Barber Racing School >

OT: Skip Barber Racing School

Notices

OT: Skip Barber Racing School

Old 11-16-2002, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Skip Barber Racing School

Anyone ever been to Skip Barber's racing school? I'm interested in what the school is like, how long, what did you think, would you go again.

I've been on a ride-along with the Richard Petty Experience at Daytona Speedway during the APBA Offshore event down there last year, so I've had a look at 150mph. It's addictive!!

Thanks.
Ricochet.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ricochet,
I did the one day course at the Las Vegas speedway. It was a gas. I've also done the Richard Petty Experience which was alot of fun. Skip Barber includes a half day of class and half day of driving. It's pretty amazing that they turn you loose in a de-tuned Indy car at the end of the day. The three day course includes actual racing and certification. I would highly recommend any of the courses. I will return for the three day course soon.

Steve Quick www.teamlamarine.com
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the three day course is a must for any speed freak!!! its amzing what you learn in three days... i went on to the skip barber racing series for 2 years ( cheap at 20k per year) then to club racing an ff2000 in 95 ( fifth place valvoline runoffs at 40 to 60k back then) then 96 97 98 ( 200 to 500k per) i ran CARTs pro toyota atlantic series, against carpantier, taglianni, alex baron, memo gidley, sam hornish, anthony lazzarro etc... ted
Old 11-16-2002, 07:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I went just to get some Ideas for the driving schools we hold. I had a blast. I have had many fast cars and will tell you the driving school is way different, and I always felt safe. For information on our offshore racing school give us a call, or check us out after Christmas on www.racingschools.com
Chris Reindl
513.706-3199
Old 11-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

Chris.

We vacation down in Sanibel, FL, and I believe there is an offshore racing school on Captiva Island. Is that yours? If not, where is it?

Thanks.
Ricochet.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:57 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk to C-Spray.
You'll be glad you did....
Old 11-16-2002, 11:59 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

skippies from what i hear is OK. I spoke with one of thier former instructors this summer (andrew prendeville, FC 1st@runoffs this year, or maybe it was his brother who won, I know they finished 1,2 though)

in any event he says bertil roos is better and has been working thier. He switched becasue roos takes more time with students skippies is kind of "driver factory".

FYI i am goign in spring witah buddy of mine. e-mail me [email protected] maybe we can a group rate going??? Oh yeah its cheaper than skippies too.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Registered

I ve done the Keith Code Superbike school Years (87)ago did that age me nah at Laguna Seca in Monterey once addicted you can't get enough. I think someone should sue the major gas co for putting the smell in 116 octane! I know Icould have bought a couple of houses with all Ive spent playing with speed machines. IS THERE A OFFSHORE SCHOOL? I think I can afford one more divorce. Just joking babe I know you would support me in anything I want to do
Old 11-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Registered

Puder.

Hit me again, in english, with your response on bertil roos? Where is it?

Has anyone heard of an offshore school on Captiva Island in Florida.

Thanks.
Ricochet.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:51 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've heard very good thigns abotu roos. They have a bunch of locations. I am going at pocano raceway becasu eit is pretty close to me and its thier home track. I know for SCCA events they run the main straight the big oval the tunnel turn and onto teh infield section and back to eth begining of teh front staright again. I'm not sure what setup roos uses but I am sure it will be pretty sick. I've run my bike (yamaha R6) on the infield road course there and its pretty damn fun.

Roos instructors spend more time with students. The emphasis is on making good racers. Whereas skip barbers its to get the students through the course. e-mail me [email protected]

I am going in july and so is good friend of mine. We are doing the 5 day course wich fills all our requirements for SCCA regional liscenses. They are offering a deal right now 5 day course for $3800 all damage is covered for all days.

Quick Reply: OT: Skip Barber Racing School

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.