Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

Notices

Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

Old 11-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

My wife has the need for a Gold Rolex Masterpiece ladies watch. (or so she says) Anyone know of a fair, and legit dealer, either new or used. She has looked and I know exactly what she wants.
Maybe ill get my new 36 eliminator cat You think??????
I understand that there are alot of fakes on the market and I don't want to get burned
Old 11-14-2002, 11:17 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might be better off seeing if you can find a nice vintage rolex. They switceh dover a few years ago to thier own movement (guts). The guts used to be made by zenith but now theya re made entirely by rolex. Apparently the rolex movement isn't as acurate or robust as the zenith movement. As a result the zenith movements one will hold thier value better than the rolex movement ones. So i've heard.

That being said i've ben wanting a stainless(stainless bracelet) or white gold (leather band) daytona for a while. BUT i am slowly moving over to think perhaps i like the vacheron overeseas stainless better

If she has her heart set on ar olex get her whats she asking for BUT there are a TON of very very nice watches of higher quality out thier for the same or less price than the rolex. Granted when your wearing a rolex everyone knows you have a $5000 (at minimum) watch on. The other only people who are into watches will know. Kind ioof liek us with boats.

Most people know a fountain. Those who are "in the know" would take an OL over a beak anyway.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with the fake !!!

My friend had one that was better looking then the real one . (He had several real ones ) ! He wore his fake $150 one to the boat show . Huge , gold thing ! It was massive ! The guy at one of the booths kept looking at his watch and after a bout 20 minutes of BS'n , Finaly says "How come your watch looks so much better then mine " ! He had the same one . My friend says mine may be newer . The guy says I just bought mine last week . My frined says your must be a fake ! The guy says it can't be ,I got a deal for $6000 !! We walked away with the guy blown away by this fake watch ,not knowing it was fake . Finaly my friend walked back and told him .......... The guy almost fell down !! He couldnt' beleive the fake was much nicer looking then the real one . $6000 on sale compared to $150 ................

I thought it was funny ..........
Old 11-15-2002, 01:01 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I COULD STEAL MY SISTER'S...????
HHHhhhmmmm.... HOW MUCH WILL YA GIVE ME FOR IT?
Old 11-15-2002, 02:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The reason I am being so careful is the watch she wants has diamonds around the bezel and diamonds at the five minute mark on the dial. Mother of pearl dial. It is gold and it is the Masterpiece. Retail is 18500. Dealer says 16500, plus 1250 in tax.
So it is an expensive watch.

Just want to make the right choice and decision. E-bay has some like she wants for about 11500 to 13000. I was concerned about getting burned by e-bay. Basically this is the watch she wants below if I did the link right. Thanks for the help

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...item=978474238
Old 11-15-2002, 04:38 AM
Registered

Man, I can't see spending that kind of money on a watch!! I know people do it, but I just can't see why?!?! I like my Fossil!! But, good luck on your search.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:27 AM
Registered

Consintracy,
I totally agree with you. I know you don't lose money on Rolex's but there are so many other nice watches on the market. I can see spending a grand or two but ten thousand on a watch just seems wrong. They sure are nice though !
Old 11-15-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Buy her a Casio, and use the money you saved for your cat
Old 11-15-2002, 07:30 AM
Kohldog

Howard Frum Website

Click Here

Old 11-15-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Puder, that's only only on the Daytona's. Rolex movements have always been Rolex movements, except for the chronographs.

Here's my $.02 on Rolex: I'm a certified watch nut. I've owned vintage Omega, Perregaux. LeCoultre, Doxa, Universal Geneve, etc. But the ones I kept were the vintage Rolexes. They are the only ones that will stand up to what normal guys will dish out. You can hammer nails with the case, the crowns are big and beefy, and the bracelets are tough and resilient. Rolexes were never designed to be jewelry, (it just happened that way..). They were watches originally built for divers, soldiers and outdoorsmen.

Do they keep time as good as a quartz watch? NO WAY! Our old Rolexes (1964 Oyster Perpetual, 1966 Ladies Oyster Perpetual non-date, 1969 Submariner) keep time to within 5 minutes a month, no where near what a quartz watch will do. But I've owned all three for over 15 years, and have never opened the cases! Just pick 'em up, shake them a little and wear them. No batteries to die right when you need a watch the most! And no leakage, ever.

It's the only watch I've owned that you can wear while bilge diving all day getting covered in grease and oil and then go home, shower and go out to a nice dinner without removing it from your wrist!

And you gotta love a woman who knows EXACTLY what she wants!! The Masterpiece is awesome!

Jim

Quick Reply: Help, need Rolex for wife for Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.