Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Introduction/ISO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/371000-introduction-iso.html)

pr1orities 03-30-2021 12:33 PM

Introduction/ISO

Hello all

I did not see an "introduction" thread for new members (if there is one and I was just too stupid to find it let the shaming begin) - so I felt appropriate to introduce myself. I've spent several hours on this forum before joining, my father has been a member for years and decided to join myself.

My name is Connor. I was born and raised in West MI and have done the majority of my boating here. I lived down in Kentucky for a few years where I experienced the Ohio River and Lake Cumberland boating, which was different than what I grew up with but loved it. I'm back in Michigan now and do the majority of my boating out of Grand Haven with the occasional trips to Lake Charlevoix (our favorite). I was boating before I could walk and spent the last 3 years with a Powerquest 300 Revenge with HOs that I loved -- but an opportunity came to sell in which I felt I could not pass up, so I let it go. The new search now begins, in what looks like the toughest 'buyers' market in quite some time. I'm in no hurry, which helps. I've pretty much convinced myself that I want a Donzi 35ZR after all of the research/reading that I've done (most of which on this page). Not much to choose from out there right now, but for the right boat - I'd definitely be ready to buy. If anyone has a line on one, fire it my way!

I look forward to being a member and contributing to the forum.
Thank you all!

Connor

DrFeelgood 03-30-2021 12:55 PM

Welcome! Donzi 35ZR is a nice choice -- but like you said, it's a seller's market now, so patience is the key.

pr1orities 03-30-2021 01:51 PM

Thank you!

I'm sure one will come up eventually, I will just have to keep my eyes peeled. Might be a weird summer without a boat -- might have to tag along with the old man!

TexomaPowerboater 03-30-2021 03:17 PM

I dig the 35 ZR's as well. Look at grand sport center in Illinois and on facebook there are a few.

Cash Bar 03-30-2021 03:19 PM

Welcome! Glad to see the love of the sport carries through another generation!

IGetWet 03-30-2021 06:47 PM

Welcome. There’s a sharp blue 35ZR 496HOs on powerboat listing that might still be available.

Captain YARRR 03-30-2021 11:16 PM

I've found out I have some exciting life changes coming so I could be tempted to sell my low hour original 35 ZR. Happy to talk about it over PM.

pr1orities 03-31-2021 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 4783670)
I dig the 35 ZR's as well. Look at grand sport center in Illinois and on facebook there are a few.

I good friend of mine just picked up a 38ZR and I am drooling over it. Just a little too much hull for me at this point, I think.
GSC has one that I have looked at but it's got some things about it I am not wild about. It's definitely been used. They do a nice job of pointing out the blemishes so they are not hiding anything, but it needs a little TLC.
I know it started out with 496's and someone put 525's in it - and then twisted them up to 600HP. I actually asked GSC for the documentation of the rebuilds / dyno sheets and they haven't gotten back to me. Thinking I will wait it out and find one that really gets my gears going.

pr1orities 03-31-2021 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 4783671)
Welcome! Glad to see the love of the sport carries through another generation!

Thank you! It's somewhat of a difficult hobby in Michigan...between weddings, grad parties, and rain, you only get a few good weekends to use your toys. But I couldn't imagine it any other way.

pr1orities 03-31-2021 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by IGetWet (Post 4783699)
Welcome. There’s a sharp blue 35ZR 496HOs on powerboat listing that might still be available.

I believe that boat is sold -- If it was not, I would be all over it. It's absolutely gorgeous, and my favorite color.
My favorite truck I've ever owned was a 2011 Silverado in "laser blue metallic" -- the boat resembles that a lot.