Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   34-36FT Performance Center Console Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/371208-34-36ft-performance-center-console-advice.html)

CLASSIC MUSCLE 04-15-2021 05:27 PM

34-36FT Performance Center Console Advice

We have two waterfront homes, one is Lake Norman, NC and the other in St. Petersburg, FL and we split our year about 50/50. We are looking for a performance/luxury type center console that we can bring back and forth, and use in both salt and fresh water. Budget is $200-350K. We really, really like the layout of the Sunsation 34CCX because it has the large under cabin where kids can get a break from the sun, etc. and it just looks fairly roomy under there on a Sunsation compared to others? What other boats should be looking at in this price range? Nortech? Statement? We want something we can salt water fish off occasionally with family, and take offshore, but we do not want a spartan interior like alot of the fishing CC's have. Any downsides to the Sensation 34CCX? They seem to offer alot for the $$$?

TexomaPowerboater 04-16-2021 12:41 AM

Consider a 33 Ocean Hawk. It has a large extended cabin to get out of the sun comfortably and it may be closer to 36ft. Price is at bottom of your range.

Apexwarrior 04-16-2021 05:33 AM

I’m looking for the same thing and meeting with Renegade next week to discuss.

Nate5.0 04-16-2021 06:29 AM

Statement has a few already rigged for fish and comfort, I would give Nick a call and he is local here in St. Pete.

You are right in the ball park on price too.

Tom A. 04-16-2021 06:58 AM

Sunsation, Statement and NorTech make a great 35' CC.

Renegade, Concept, and Ocean Hawk are also great boats but have a narrow 8'/9' beam. Great for speed but you loose some cabin and cockpit space.

Also, you might want to look for a good used Donzi 35/38 ZF or similar with a traditional cuddy cabin and update it with new motors, interior & electronics and be all in for $200K. My friend and I are doing that now. We bought a clean 2003 35' with low hours and will be updating it with new Verados, electronics and interior next winter. We are enjoying it as is now. We spent $65K on it.

Gmogomez 04-16-2021 07:00 AM

You can also go check out a 34 Fountain CC and Concepts 36 (Narrow Beam).

CLASSIC MUSCLE 04-16-2021 07:51 AM

I had seen some chatter in other threads about the Sunsation 34CCX having wood construction compared to others and how that was inferior? Valid concerns there or people making something out of nothing? The Nortech, others, etc just doesn't look as nice in the cabin and seating than the Sunsation.

Nate5.0 04-16-2021 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE (Post 4786125)
I had seen some chatter in other threads about the Sunsation 34CCX having wood construction compared to others and how that was inferior? Valid concerns there or people making something out of nothing? The Nortech, others, etc just doesn't look as nice in the cabin and seating than the Sunsation.

With Statement there will be no cabin other than the bathroom below, it is large and great for storage and bathroom use but you will not be sleeping there ever. So something to keep in mind.

Seating in the statement is up to you if you build new, They have many layouts you can choose from and also they are willing to try new ideas as well so also another thing to think about with them.

CLASSIC MUSCLE 04-16-2021 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 (Post 4786130)
With Statement there will be no cabin other than the bathroom below, it is large and great for storage and bathroom use but you will not be sleeping there ever. So something to keep in mind.

Seating in the statement is up to you if you build new, They have many layouts you can choose from and also they are willing to try new ideas as well so also another thing to think about with them.

That's a main reason why we like the Sunsation 34CCX layout better, honestly. That said, I've never been on a 34CCX, wish I could take a look at one and get on board.

ALL_IN! 04-16-2021 02:24 PM

We went with the Sunsation 34CCX - purchased in Oct, so really haven't used it yet. But a good friend on our lake has one, and we've spent a lot of time on it. Love it so far (previous was 42 Fountain 700/6). This ones got triple 400r's. Good luck with your search.