best windproof sunglasses? >

best windproof sunglasses?

Notices

best windproof sunglasses?

Old 11-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oakleys, and buy a strap.

They are the best about standing behind there product, they just replaced these for $22

I have only been up to 90mph in a 38 cig and they were find
Attached Thumbnails best windproof sunglasses?-mvc-001f.jpg  
Old 11-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MPJESA

I had problems with wind in my eyes in my Checkmate...It's a 253 and the windshield wouldn't keep wind from going straight into my eyes...would plum blow off most glasses I tried

I went with Panoptix, you can find them thru a google search, just another alternative..............

Geeter
Old 11-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oakleys work well

Originally posted by PWRBOATTOURS
I've been wearing Oakleys for a while and they work well in the wind - Just my .02 worth - BH
Wear them in the car (t tops) boat, mowing grass, so much during the summer that I get tan lines from them!!

Keep the wind out good.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, for oakley minute, best price ive found in 2 years is www.swell.com i think it is now 95 for black frames/black lenses.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

Default Ray Bans

Don't forget the old Blues Brothers Ray Bans, been wearing them for 25 years, with 130 mph passes on my bike and 100 mph passes in my boat, prescription too, best part is,,,,,,,,,,is that you don't get owl eyes when you start tanning, Damn I hate when that happens
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I got a pair of Spy's this past summer. They offer great wind protection. The only problem with the pai i have now is that I look like a bug with them on.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:33 PM
ssherman

I have three pair of Maui Jims and they are all polorized and by far the best glasses i have ever owned. I have had the ones that are similar to the ray bans above (maui Jim Sports i believe) I have had them on at 152 on water (40 Skater Out of Control) and 177 on land (honda CBR) and no tears from these eyes. I also have the titanium sports and the regualr titanium's they do not work well in the wind for my face. other glasses that work well for me are the oroginal oakleys (squared off bottom edge) and the ray ban aviators. I think the only safe way is trial and error since everybodies check bone a facial structiure will have the glasses resting differently. The goggle style glasses would be a safe bet since they actually fit snuggly on the botom side 9this is where i notice the most air coming in on improper specs.

A friend has serengetti polarized pers. glasses and they seem to do well.

Old 11-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

REVO (with a strap)
Old 12-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Registered

ok -- just thought i'd update ya'll

Got the Guard Dogs and they work pretty well -- although they feel cheap (they were about 80 bucks) they block the wind well and look OK.

I also have some Maui Jim Titanium sports -- block the wind very well and are very nice sun glasses.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Registered

Spy Sunglasses.
Windows for your head! Check out the Microscoops they have a biult up cheek bone and eyebrow so the wind stays out. The sides are vented so they dont fog. They are priced around $75 so there not completely obnoxous. Keeps my contacts in my eye's not a dryed peace of seliphane (sp) stuck on the side of my cheek.

http://www.spyoptic.com/

Quick Reply: best windproof sunglasses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.