Notices

Sarasota or Ft. Myers

Old 06-11-2021, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I am a real estate agent in the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area. I have lived on a canal in Cape Coral for a few years, I could show you around and show you what is available in this area.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:49 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I have been a licensed contractor working on homes from Siesta Key down to Marco for 16 years. Been running hot rod boats all along. Have lived in a couple different homes in Cape the entire time. I think if you are after the most expensive gulf /bay properties then you go maybe to Sarasota/Siesta Key area, Sanibel, Fort Myers, parts of Bonita, Naples and Marco. If you are after a lot on a navigable canal with gulf access I believe Cape would have the largest selection. Need to pay attention, I have seen many a home that looks to have a great lot, that is supposedly "minutes" away from the gulf. Come to find out you need to go thru a lock, or worse yet under a bridge, or the idle zone is 45 minutes to an hour away from a major river or bay. Cape has a few of these. But I think the number of desirable lots there definitely outweigh the restricted lots locations, overall having the best selection. Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by bob:
OldSchool (06-14-2021), tlark (06-13-2021)
Old 06-12-2021, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
Need to pay attention, I have seen many a home that looks to have a great lot, that is supposedly "minutes" away from the gulf. Come to find out you need to go thru a lock, or worse yet under a bridge, or the idle zone is 45 minutes to an hour away from a major river or bay. Cape has a few of these. But I think the number of desirable lots there definitely outweigh the restricted lots locations, overall having the best selection. Good luck!
Folks buying lots north of Matlacha (in Cape Coral) are finding this out. Not only do the have 45 minutes to get to the pass, then to go anywhere they need to go up and around Pine Island. Lots along the east side of the Cape might be minutes from the river, but it is another 1/2 hour to the Boathouse! If you are a boater, I really suggest sticking to south of Cape Coral Parkway, west of Coronado/driftwood and east of Pelican. There is another area inside of Skyline/Chiquita/Cape Coral Parkway. When we bought 6 years ag, we spent hours in a rental boat just cruising the canals and making notes. There may be 400 miles of canals, but if you really like to get out in the boat, there is only a fraction of that. I am sure it is the same anyplace. Good luck with the search!
The following 2 users liked this post by 36Tango:
OldSchool (06-14-2021), tlark (06-13-2021)
Old 06-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

The waterfront RE market is on fire here, neighbor just sold his canal front home:

1455 Centaurus Ct, Merritt Island, FL 32953 | Zillow

Smarty (06-12-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with Sarasota, well accually Bradenton (9 month rent). I will be there in mid July. Now, whose boat am I buying booze and fuel for to show me the ropes?
Old 06-14-2021, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by RebarBox
I went with Sarasota, well accually Bradenton (9 month rent). I will be there in mid July. Now, whose boat am I buying booze and fuel for to show me the ropes?
I’ll look you up when I get back in mid August.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Looks like you got here just in time for red tide.😡
Old 08-08-2021, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I’ve lived in Naples 37 years but spend much of my time with my buddies on their boats up off Fort Myers beach.

Naples is on Fire , been trying to buy a place for my sister-in-law but everything just fly's out the door if it’s under a half a million.

Naples is great because of the local local government and the numerous beach accesses.

Fort Myers beach is fun to party at but the traffic is beyond horrific and the crappy water coming out of the Caloosahatchee ruins swimming . Red Tide never ends here. Beach access for Fort Myers is very limited

My buddy lives up in St Pete. Reasonable housing prices with a great happening city. Again limited beach access unless you have a boat to go out to Clearwater.

Sarasota is very nice and has great water quality and beach access and is hands above Fort Myers.
I've vacationed in Florida countless times and of all of the places that I've visited, I liked Naples the most. When the Florida real estate bubble burst 12 years ago, I flew down to buy a couple of condos and ended up purchasing two condos in Ft. Myers instead, because the prices in Naples were quite a bit higher...(!) The rental market in Ft. Myers has been great and I've never had a problem renting out my condos, but when I retire in 3 years, I would really like to Winter in Naples.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I have officially landed in Cape Coral. I bought a home on a direct access salt canel - SE 10th Street. My dock permits are submitted, dock build will be sometime this spring (fingers crossed). I'm bringing down the little 28 ft cigarette 'bicycle' next week.

I have yet to be on the water in Florida, only knowing lake life from my past 20+ years. Who's willing to take a Okie out for an afternoon? I have fuel and booze.

Chad
The following 2 users liked this post by RebarBox:
Fountain38 (12-24-2021), Quinlan (12-20-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

I cannot offer a boat at this point in Cape Coral but I have followed this thread since it was started. I hope you will share your experiences and new ownership to this area. Like many, a course for Fla is in our future, Congrats on the new purchase.
The following users liked this post:
Fountain38 (12-20-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.