Donzi 35 ZR - LOTO - Service Report >

Donzi 35 ZR - LOTO - Service Report

Notices

Donzi 35 ZR - LOTO - Service Report

Old 06-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Donzi 35 ZR - LOTO - Service Report

I'm looking for any information within this group that may know of a mechanic, or mechanic shop, that has preformed an examination or service to my boat's engines. I have recently purchased a 2007 Donzi 35 ZR with two Ilmor 625's and was informed that a mechanic shop located in the LOTO area has looked at them within the past 12 months. I'm needing the service report for validation of their findings only.

If anyone has any information it would greatly be appreciated.

HIN: DNAZA059A707
Starboard Engine: MV10T1610166
Port Engine: MV10T1610167
Old 06-08-2021, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 270 Likes on 167 Posts

Are you the same guy that posted on Facebook with the water intrusion from leaking headers?
The following users liked this post:
BIGSLOW (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Registered

Yes..

Im looking for a mechanic’s report that may exist.

Adam Jones
Old 06-08-2021, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 109 Likes on 48 Posts

Did you have a survey performed? Is that what you are looking for? Did you buy it personally or through a dealer?,

Is this the boat? Shows the dealer was in Florida?

Last edited by bajaholic; 06-08-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Advantage Marine has ran illmors in their 32 Advantage for many years. I would start there.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:16 AM
Registered

A survey was performed, however it excluded details to the engines and their specific performance.

What I'm seeking is if anyone knows of a shop that may have worked on these ilmors in the past 12 months in the LOTO area.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw the pix and read the novel on FB. Sucks what happened man, we have all experienced something with a boat purchased or possibly soon after; issues, failures, this worked, now doesn't etc...it is an expensive hobby to just get on the water and not getting any cheaper. Unfortunately I don't think anyone on here is going to give up names or info on where (if) your motors were worked on/checked other than the broker/dealer you may have purchased it from. I know from surveys they generally don't check motors, they check structure, safety, electrical etc. Unless you had a separate compression test/leak down/drive check etc. than I think you will unfortunately keep getting more frustrated. I am sure you have but I would go back to the broker or whomever was involved in the sale and see where they may be able to direct you to.
The following 4 users liked this post by HOSSMAN:
92nsx (06-21-2021), [email protected] (06-09-2021), Johnsgarage (06-14-2021), speicher lane (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 223 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN View Post
I saw the pix and read the novel on FB. Sucks what happened man, we have all experienced something with a boat purchased or possibly soon after; issues, failures, this worked, now doesn't etc...it is an expensive hobby to just get on the water and not getting any cheaper. Unfortunately I don't think anyone on here is going to give up names or info on where (if) your motors were worked on/checked other than the broker/dealer you may have purchased it from. I know from surveys they generally don't check motors, they check structure, safety, electrical etc. Unless you had a separate compression test/leak down/drive check etc. than I think you will unfortunately keep getting more frustrated. I am sure you have but I would go back to the broker or whomever was involved in the sale and see where they may be able to direct you to.
^^^^^^^ This is the hard truth, boat surveys are usually for the hull, interior, electrical systems, lighting, bilge blowers/pumps, etc only. Any boat that I have bought that I had a boat survey done on, I had to hire a separate Hi-perf marine mechanic to check out the engines/drives/tabs, etc. In fact the last 3 boats I have bought, I fly-in and do my own survey/mechanical inspections, I take all my own tools and test eq. and spend a weekend on the boat, top to bottom, bow to stern, (Including the trailer) before my money leaves my hand. My OCD is getting worse the older I get...Your story is a familiar one, unfortunately.... I hope you get some satisfaction....

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 06-09-2021 at 09:43 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Dean Ferry:
bobkatz (06-17-2021), HOSSMAN (06-09-2021), Johnsgarage (06-14-2021), Padraig (06-09-2021), stealthfever (06-10-2021), Sydwayz (06-09-2021), zz28zz (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 10:06 AM
Registered

This is a hard lesson learned that I will have to accept... However, if there are some public documents that a repair shop has on this boat within the past 12 months, I would like to read the report. I'm not asking for anyone to disclose specific names of the customer who took it to the shop, but only the shop's name as they would have information on what was found.
If this boat was worked on by a professional and was reported to be in not working condition, then the seller hid this information and not disclose it.

I feel this is a fair question to ask. Even if the boat was in perfect running condition, one could still ask if anyone knows of a shop that has previously preformed work on this specific boat in the LOTO area.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This is a hard lesson learned that I will have to accept... However, if there are some public documents that a repair shop has on this boat within the past 12 months, I would like to read the report. I'm not asking for anyone to disclose specific names of the customer who took it to the shop, but only the shop's name as they would have information on what was found.
If this boat was worked on by a professional and was reported to be in not working condition, then the seller hid this information and not disclose it.

I feel this is a fair question to ask. Even if the boat was in perfect running condition, one could still ask if anyone knows of a shop that has previously preformed work on this specific boat in the LOTO area.
Many of us have been through similar hard lessons. In most cases, it's a mistake we only make once and thereafter trust nothing a seller or broker tells you about a vessel unless it can be verified. Some people lie, and they lie a LOT when they are trying to get rid of a headache... And some (I won't say all) brokers just want the payday and have no concern about integrity.
The following users liked this post:
Johnsgarage (06-14-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.