Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   All work, makes Jack a dull boy. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/372412-all-work-makes-jack-dull-boy.html)

B38 07-09-2021 03:05 PM

All work, makes Jack a dull boy.

I must speak for many, can't get a breath to run my boats. Work is crazy lately, everybody moving to Florida. I'm in construction and it is out of control. Deadlines created by Covid-19 shut down last year. 2022 will be worse I see. Everything has doubled in price. Gas higher,
shortage of steel, lumber.
End result I foresee little usage of my B38.
​​How can I curb this insanity and run what I bring.
Kurt, no time for boating. Chores!!!!! & Work

underpsi68 07-09-2021 03:08 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I can run the boat for you? Or course I would pay for fuel and clean up the food crumbs. 😁

Indy 07-09-2021 03:51 PM

Here in New England it's nutz too. Absolutely insane, not a single day off this year. But...If I cement this next job could be new boat time next year and that's worth it!

speicher lane 07-09-2021 03:55 PM

Boats survive fine in a good storage building. Make/take the money when you can and soon enough it will balance out but you have to temper all work vs. burn out... sometimes just splashing/running the boat resets and recharges the internal batteries - if nothing more it's a well deserved distraction.

rak rua 07-09-2021 07:48 PM

Agree with S.L. ^^^ and I much prefer reading your post than reading a post that says “My work has dropped off by 80% due to COVID and with fuel prices increasing, I’ve decided to put the boat on the market”.

RR

F-2 Speedy 07-09-2021 08:07 PM

Kurt, make time.........:D

open87 07-09-2021 08:20 PM

Same here, been so slammed at the shop I just have not had time to work on the 31. Back mid January I came across a 198 Cobalt that was garage kept cream puff and I was like ,oh man, turn key ,....bought it , did a few minor things......I haven't splashed it yet....Lol.....

Working 7 days a week...just will not slow up.....I wish I could hire some help but nobody wants to learn how to work in a Body Shop paint department ......and the few that I have interviewed crowed at start pay...they want to make top dolla not knowing jack shhit.... with attitude...

Days blending like seconds..............

tmalone76 07-09-2021 08:43 PM

Same here. Worked more OT hours through the end of June so far than I normally do in an entire year. Luckily I live on the water so it makes it easy to drop my boat in the water and get in a quick evening ride when time allows.

AO31 07-09-2021 09:30 PM

Good Lord!
It sounds like we’re all in the same situation. Tons of great work, no skilled help. Toys collecting dust. I love to work but no time for a day off.