Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   AMT boats contact (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/372486-amt-boats-contact.html)

5.56x45 07-13-2021 06:25 PM

AMT boats contact

Does anyone have contact to anyone from AMT boats that used to make the AMT 30? There not n bussiness anymore but I need to ask them a question.

Ryan Beckley 07-14-2021 08:26 AM

What do you need to know? I have a pretty good knowledge of AMTs.

Lake rat Skater 07-14-2021 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 4797448)
What do you need to know? I have a pretty good knowledge of AMTs.

Is the one with inboards still in Northern Kentucky? I know they were built by a few different people, were the ones at the end vacuum bagged epoxy boats? Did they use aluminum fuel tanks?

Ryan Beckley 07-14-2021 01:07 PM

There was probably about 10 true AMTs ever built. The first half were built by yellowfin before LA marine in Ft Lauderdale built the second half. The YFY built boats were a bit heavier and did not have the issues some of the lighter boats did. There were YFYAMT and LAAMT serial numbers, that should help in figuring things out....there were some boats built with integral tanks. The ones in our race boat broke...... Our old boat is now in Bermuda.

5.56x45 07-14-2021 01:43 PM

Hi Ryan, I called you a few weeks ago to see if you had one for sale, I still cant find one.
predator boats has the original molds but they cut it in half to make it wider and I dont want the wide version.

Ryan Beckley 07-14-2021 03:33 PM

Doug Wright did the original design and tooling for the canopied boats. The AMT pleasure deck was not done in a CAD design and the original owners would not have that anyway. There are better more improved boats out there now, than what these 25 year old designs are. Why would you want to spend $ on building a new 25 year old design that already proven to be obsolete?

5.56x45 07-14-2021 05:43 PM

It is the only boat I want, if I cant buy one I will have to make one,

speicher lane 07-14-2021 07:24 PM

care to elaborate why the AMT is of such value to you?

In reality, Ryan Beckley is 100% correct - even the updated/widened hull would perform better than the original, that said, if you are diehard on the AMT30, you could reverse engineer the boat and take the widened hull and cut the width out of the tunnel back to the original... Topside you would be on your own (but the hull is where the speed and most of handling is - less aero lift factors)

Aside from sentimental reward to such an investment, the only person who did well resurrecting a dinosaurs was Steven Spielberg.

5.56x45 07-14-2021 08:19 PM

What boats do you think would be better than this one?

Lake rat Skater 07-14-2021 09:07 PM

All the newer doug wrights are improvements over the amt. There is a 2014 race boat in the classifieds now that has been listed awhile at 230k. That would be a better boat and way cheaper than recreating the amt. Plus it still has no rub rail and is composite core.